Re: Thick mum

Post by test2014 »

is the answer 30? :roll:
1,2,6,14,30?
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Why do you think it's 30?

I never got the answer out of her as to WHY it could be two possibilities. Maybe the teacher didn't know either. She's not the class maths whizz, maybe he would know-nice kid they get on well. This is dd2.

I jokingly suggested I should do a distance iGCSE to DH, he now thinks I should! DD1 seems to be giving up on trying at Maths, she's really patchy always has been, top set one year then struggles all the next with confidence, hating the subject. I have to sit with her anyway and started doing a math book myself, Mathtification.

I don't know if I could go through with it, I have math phobia but did ok in the end at school.
mystery

Post by mystery »

So did you never get to the bottom of this year 6 homework question? Sounds a weird way to teach maths -- just like our school. What's the point of a tricky homework question that nobody learns anything from afterwards even? Maybe DD1's maths teacher isn't great either?

Sure you could do iGCSE maths. Why ever not?
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Interesting: I was thinking of doing a distance learning (if there is such a thing igcse or A level maths). I did get O'level maths (yep, I'm ancient - last year of O'levels!) but only just. I thought it might help me support my DC a bit more. Perhaps we could have a "Mature Distance Learning GCSE/ A level maths" thread :P
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
test2014

Post by test2014 »

Oh got it all wrong. should be 27 as the answer posted earlier on this thread. :) time to go back to school? I won't be able to pass any of the 11+ exams this year - no question about that :lol:
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

dD definitely knew there were two possible answers, and stil remembers that much this morning but not what the numbers were for sure, but 27 and 30 were candidates.

I've been looking at a brochure from http://www.nec.ac.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about courses for me...