Teaching GL maths

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anansiathespider

Teaching GL maths

Post by anansiathespider »

Hello,

I'm new to this and have ploughed through the forum and got completely confused about which books will be best for my ds to learn GL maths!

We've worked through the Bond CEM ones, but the school that he is sitting for (Latymer) is switching to GL assessment this year.

Do I need to get some additional resources? I'm guessing that if the GL assessment is multiple choice, there will be differences, but would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?

TIA
Daogroupie

Re: Teaching GL maths

Post by Daogroupie »

If you are just sitting Latymer you need to forget CEM and focus on GL. There are GL papers available and if you look out for centres running GL Mocks the ones for QE will have the right Maths for you. DG
anansiathespider

Thanks for your prompt response. We worked through the CEM prep before Latymer released their consultation document about changing to GL. He found NVR really easy to pick up, so shame that they've stopped that!

I've seen GL assessment papers, but I was thinking more of a teaching book so that I can check that we've covered all the different types of questions.

Do such things exist?

TIA
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If you look in the forum shop they have the Peter Robson set of Maths that are good for checking topics and also the CGP Maths book, they have one for VR as well. DG
anansiathespider

Sorry, I missed this post. Thanks once again for your help.

It's a minefield!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now