Should they be the answer sheets to mark their answers

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bright future

Should they be the answer sheets to mark their answers

Post by bright future »

:idea:
Hello all you lovely people,
I am scratching my head to find out actually should I let my dd mark his answer on the answer sheet or let him first do his test and then he should be marking because I have observed that when I give him the answers to mark he tries to look at the options and then try to do his working with all the options avaliable on the answer sheets and that way it's taking him a lot of time to finish his test paper. :roll:
Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated please.
Daogroupie

Re: Should they be the answer sheets to mark their answers

Post by Daogroupie »

Firstly what school will he be sitting for?

If he will be sitting a Maths multiple choice then he needs to get used to marking the answer on the sheet as he goes along.

There have been some very sad instances reported here about students getting out of sync with their answers and realising just before the end that they are one out when it is too late to chance all the answers.

To avoid this they need to be marking the answers as they go along and not at the end.

He needs to work out the answer and then put the answer on the sheet for each question. He should not be looking at the answers on the sheet and trying to work out the answer from the sheet.

You need to only give him the time he will have in the exam so you can mark him on what he can do in the correct time. DG
bright future

Post by bright future »

Thanks a lot for the reply daygroupie,Much appreciated !
He will be sitting for Berkshire, which is cem.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Can you get sample copies of the multiple choice type answer sheets the children will use so that you can then presumably photocopy at home and re use for home testing purposes? If so , where can I download these from?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Parsifal wrote:Can you get sample copies of the multiple choice type answer sheets the children will use so that you can then presumably photocopy at home and re use for home testing purposes? If so , where can I download these from?
If it is CEM, the only authentic answer sheets you will get are the ones which in with the very short familiarisation papers on the websites of all the school's using that type of exam.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now