Maths

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pahee

Re: Maths

Post by pahee »

Do anybody has the official answer to this question provided by the CSSE. If this question is not accurate we should bring this to the notice of the CSSE so that the same kind of mistakes will not take place in the future. If anybody in the forum has the official answer, I would be thankful to you to post it.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pahee wrote:Do anybody has the official answer to this question provided by the CSSE. If this question is not accurate we should bring this to the notice of the CSSE so that the same kind of mistakes will not take place in the future. If anybody in the forum has the official answer, I would be thankful to you to post it.
Where did you get the paper from, he you haven't got the marking scheme with it?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Guest55 wrote:SHM would not be a 'perfect description' as rope is not 'light' and the tying [ie the attachment] of the rope would bring in external forces.

However, I agree that the question is poor ..
How can you have a period of restitution of almost 0.5 second then proceed on your way with a bendy rope ???
All the kinetic energy would be imparted to where the rope it is attached to the branch.It is impossible - the rope could snag on the branch and impart some energy to the branch and and some could be imparted to the forward motion of the child but the graph would look even more odd ! the symmetry of the graph suggests otherwise.

Listen, I have hours under my belt of my misspent childhood swinging from branches by threadbare ropes , I know what I am talking about from experience .