11 Plus Exams Forum
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/

Help pls
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54950
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riri [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Help pls

Can someone help me with this question.
A train leaves Haba at 18.42 and arrives in Well at 12.34. How many minutes does the journey take?
Thanks
R

Author:  Guest55 [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Draw a number line and put the two times on it.

A train leaves Haba at 18.42 and arrives in Well at 12.34.

18.42 .... how many minutes to 19.00 ..... then how many hours to 12.00 [then convert to minutes] ..... then add minutes to 12.34.

It's much easier to visualise time like this :)

Author:  riri [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Thank you very much.

It was supposed to be 21 and not 12.

Author:  stroudydad [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Same principle applies

Author:  stroudydad [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Most people say hi and introduce themselves before just asking for help by the way...

Author:  Oguledoen [ Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Do you mean 12:34 the next day or 00:34 in the morning?



riri wrote:
Can someone help me with this question.
A train leaves Haba at 18.42 and arrives in Well at 12.34. How many minutes does the journey take?
Thanks
R

Author:  ToadMum [ Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Help pls

Oguledoen wrote:
Do you mean 12:34 the next day or 00:34 in the morning?



riri wrote:
Can someone help me with this question.
A train leaves Haba at 18.42 and arrives in Well at 12.34. How many minutes does the journey take?
Thanks
R


Apparently, they meant 21.34:

riri wrote:
Thank you very much.

It was supposed to be 21 and not 12.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/