Divide decimal numbers with whole numbers

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: Divide decimal numbers with whole numbers

Post by yoyo123 »

The original National Strategy tried to encourage children to think their way around a problem, but lost its way over the years
The new 2014 curriculum , which includes many elements which were originally in KS3, talks of developing, fluency and greater depth.

It puts an emphasis on thinking mathematically, reasoning and using knowledge to solve problems. I welcome this -too many schools tried to leap ahead, teaching further content rather than consolidating knowledge.

I hope that we will be nurturing mathematicians rather than people who eother kniw the way to do sums or are afraid of maths.

The school would not be able to use the results of the level 6, my daughter was made to take the KS1 sats in class R “Just to see if she could”. I was not consulted and not happy!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Guest55 wrote:The level 6 is contained within the new Primary curriculum tests - so there are now three tests and not separate ones for 'level 6'. Didn't your son sit the new tests and get a standardised score instead of a level?
Yes, I am aware of the content of new curriculum. I was referring to the discontinuation/scrapping of Level 6 SATs ‘additional’ tests that were taken by a select few.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

MSD wrote:Yes, I am aware of the content of new curriculum. I was referring to the discontinuation/scrapping of Level 6 SATs ‘additional’ tests that were taken by a select few.
The additional test is not now needed as the material is covered in the new KS2 test. It was hardly a 'select few' in some Bucks schools half the class would take it!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Unfortunately, our local primary only entered a handful and I believe nationally less than 1/6th were entered on average, since their introduction. Bucks certainly seem to have bucked the trend G55 and very well done to them!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now