Distance question

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ciaowood

Re: Distance question

Post by ciaowood »

Are these types of questions likely to come up do you think? This question was from a mock paper - I was going to go through this with my daughter this morning but if it's unlikely to appear, I'd rather not!

Many thanks.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi, I only have experience with helping my child to prepare for the Birmingham 11+.

My personal opinion is that some of the mocks/ 11+ books are designed to scare you into thinking your child needs a tutor/ excessive preparation. My child tried one of the Bond CEM books- had a complete meltdown at the level required and didn’t look at them again. I wouldn’t have a clue how to explain that level of maths to a child. It would most likely confuse them.

Anyway, despite not doing anymore ‘11+’ maths practice, my child passed comfortably. My advice, for what it’s worth, is to make sure your child is solid with times tables, yr 5 maths and knows how to fill in a multiple choice paper!

We fished out the maths paper at the start of the school closures just for something to do- it was still too tricky and that’s after nearly finishing yr 6!
ciaowood

Post by ciaowood »

Thank you. That's reassuring and makes sense. I cannot wait for the whole process to be over!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now