Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Speed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 am 

Hi All,

My daughter completed this test and her timings are still nowhere near what’s expected.
link removed by moderatorThe first test took her 18 mins and the second she needed another 10 mins more than it allowed. She is fine doing the 10 min tests on the cgp Maths books, she completes them in around 8 mins. so I’m not sure what to do now. Any recommendations to speed things up and are these times realistic?

Post subject: Re: Speed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:27 am 

Hi Taz. I know it might sound strange, but one possibility is that your DD is toooo concerned with getting them all correct. A kind of confidence thing that leads to too much time on care and double checking (I know- before I get fiery mail lol- care and double checking are vital)- however not at the expense of not finishing: it's a balance. If this does happen to be the cause for your DD, then ask her to rush a few of these practice tests, and say that for this experiment, you are not worried about how many she gets right or not, you are only wanting to see her finish them all in the time allowed. You might both be surprised that she does just/almost as well, but much quicker.....