Help with maths questions from GL paper 9

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: Help with maths questions from GL paper 9

Post by Guest55 »

No that is not expected at KS2 - this is an inappropriate question [again]

A is the answer only in the corrected version not in the question posted ..
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

Guest55 wrote:No that is not expected at KS2 - this is an inappropriate question [again]

A is the answer only in the corrected version not in the question posted ..
I'm trying to be helpful and posting the amended/corrected version. Given your credentials (do you set the guidelines as to what's appropriate in these 11+ exams or soon to be setting the KS2 syllabus? ) what do you propose? The parents to moan about how inappropriate the question, or work with their DC how to tackle such question should they encounter it?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pl1688 wrote: I'm trying to be helpful and posting the amended/corrected version. Given your credentials (do you set the guidelines as to what's appropriate in these 11+ exams or soon to be setting the KS2 syllabus? ) what do you propose? The parents to moan about how inappropriate the question, or work with their DC how to tackle such question should they encounter it?
I was trying to be clear that A wasn't the answer to the original question posted as several posters thought it was.

I'm expecting GL to know the KS2 National curriculum as they are paid to set the papers. Parents should be complaining about these questions and quoting the NC ....

It is not appropriate to teach topics just because GL might include them - I would hope the proper tests are set with more care.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

GL should know what is in the National Curriculum and that is what I base my comments on.

There are too many questions that fall well outside that and it is not fair. How can parents anticipate what GL may include and going through additional content 'just in case' is not helpful to anyone.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Please note for future reference:

This section of the forum is for discussing 11 plus maths not the national curriculum

For Primary School discussion

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For Secondary School discussion

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is the school’s decision, not GL, CEM or any other publisher, as to what the standard should be. Some schools will request up until the end of year 5, others a much higher knowledge.

Moderators
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Off topic post has been removed.

Topic now locked.

Moderators