Spelling for the 11+

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vetgal

Spelling for the 11+

Post by vetgal »

Hi Can Anybody give me some words I should Know For The 11+ Because I don't Know What Some Of The Words Meen On Verbal Reasoning.
:oops: Thanks :wink:

Are there any websites with words to know for 11+ Verbal/Maths?
Emma
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

PLZ REPLY i am getting really stressed LOL
Emma
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi vetgal

Please can you explain which words you need for Maths.

Sally-Anne
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

ok for maths I need maths words like formula and what they meen if you don't know any words for that then normal words used for verbal lol thankyou for repling
Emma
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi vetgal

If you don't understand words like formula at this stage, then I think you should be discussing this issue with your teachers and your parents.

Sally-Anne
dinah

Maths

Post by dinah »

The Bond books have a glossary whch explans the terms used in each book. You can get them from most book shops.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Hi Emma

With VR, there is a list on the downloads on this site of words for VR. I bought some of those little crammer things from WH Smith. They are small bits of cards (about one eighth the size of a postcard) and are on a ring binder. I then wrote about three of the words on each card in black and then DD and I wrote the meaning on the back in red. We walk around the field (with the dog) and I test her on them. This has really helped as VR is her weakest point. Maybe your mum or dad could help you with this?

Is your school helping you at all? Are you in the catchment area for one of the grammars or do you have to pass really high?

Please don't get yourself all wound up about this as you will not do your best.

HTH
Emma/Vetgal's Mum

Post by Emma/Vetgal's Mum »

Hi
Thanks Twellsmum thankyou for the advice. but i cant find them downloads on this site can you explain where they are plz also my school has this group which we dont do any more where we go to school at 8am and do revision for 30 minutes and i think for the test we have to get really high marks but i am not sure how high. I will be glad when the 11+ is over LOL. :D
Emma/vetgal's mum
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Go to the home page, then on the left hand side there is a menu and at the top of this it says "11+ downloads" and then just look through all of those. There are lots of good crib sheets, which I have printed out and laminated for my DD and again it is something that I can test her on whilst walking the dog (good job we have a border collie as the poor thing would be exhausted!).
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now