11 plus entrance test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RPai

11 plus entrance test

Post by RPai »

Hi,
I am new to the forum. I am looking for any help and advise for QEGS Penrith. My son is in year 5 and going to be siting for the exam in September 2018. Any help is really appreciated.
Many Thanks
yoyo123

Re: 11 plus entrance test

Post by yoyo123 »

Have a look here
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ia-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RPai

Post by RPai »

Thanks yoyo123.. we have been told that this year there are going to be changes to the entrance test .. I was wondering if anyone knows about the exam and what to learn for the exam...
Bunnyjo

Post by Bunnyjo »

RPai wrote:Thanks yoyo123.. we have been told that this year there are going to be changes to the entrance test .. I was wondering if anyone knows about the exam and what to learn for the exam...
Hi RPai,

My DD is going to QEGS in September. Last year, the QEGS entrance test was administered by GL assessments and consisted of NVR, VR and maths tests. This year, the HT has stated that the format of the tests will not be confirmed until after the closing date for registration. The closing date for registration is 25th June, so I imagine the school will send out more information with the acknowledgement letter.

Best of luck to your son,

Bunnyjo.
RPai

Post by RPai »

Thank you so much Bunnyjo for the info.. eagerly waiting for the 25 th now.
Bunnyjo

Post by Bunnyjo »

RPai wrote:Thank you so much Bunnyjo for the info.. eagerly waiting for the 25 th now.
Evening RPai,

Just in case you haven't received notification from QEGS, they have confirmed that they will be using CEM this year, not GL. http://www.qegs.cumbria.sch.uk/componen ... y?Itemid=0

Hopefully the link above works and good luck!

Bunnyjo.
RPai

Post by RPai »

Thank you Bunnyjo...
A bit nervous now .. got to start getting him to do the work regularly now...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now