CRGS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

psychodrama

Re: CRGS waiting list

Post by psychodrama »

Thank you for the clarification, Cyberdad.

We are in a similar position, awaiting BRGS results as we are in Area 2.

Good luck with the results and hope the children get the school placement which is best for them.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but my eldest is taking the BRGS test next year and I’d love any first hand hints and tips as to how it was, any stumbling blocks you wish you had covered and basically any help you may have.

Good luck with it all

OED
Cyberdad

Post by Cyberdad »

Hi overeagerdad,

I can only reiterate what many CEM forums state, vocabulary and speed is key. We used the various books from Cgp for spag, vocab, spellings and Nvr. For the vocab pictures with the words helped learning the words. There is plenty of YouTube videos on 11 plus vocab for the CEM. Hope this helps. Best of luck, it is a roller-coaster of a ride mentally for both the child and parents.
Bunnyjo

Post by Bunnyjo »

hermanmunster wrote:
OverEagerDad wrote:https://youtu.be/_bX6M2ZK2z0

4mins 30secs in
Thanks - they have been doing it for years, not legit at all as no-one guaranteed a place until March 1st - but they get away with it as there are so few GS in the area and few apply to more than one
Looks like most schools in Lancashire/Cumbria do something similar and are possibly a little bit naughty. We got the below from QEGS recently (see excerpt):

Dear Mr and Mrs < name redacted>

I am writing to give you information about your child's test outcome in the Queen Elizabeth Grammar School entrance tests.

<name redacted> has reached the required standard for a grammar school education and has been provisionally allocated a place at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School.

Please note that this is not an offer of a place at the School. The School will inform the local authority of the children who have reached the required grammar school standard, and who they wish to accept for entry.

It is reiterated in this letter and in further communication that a valid on-time application must be made to the local authority and that QEGS should be named first to guarantee the place. As such, I imagine that this, coupled with the fact there are so few grammar schools in this area, is how QEGS, CRGS and BRGS are able to bend the rules somewhat.

As we have already submitted the SA3 (CAF) it is reassuring to know that DC has a guaranteed place at our chosen school.