A pass for LRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Majik

Re: A pass for LRGS

Post by Majik »

What's happening is they have a certain number of places to fill. A certain amount would be allocated to OOC I think. My son passed his CRGS exam but has not been offered a place. His friend in his class who lives in our neighbourhood has been offered a place.

Obviously at school today he will find out what happened with the other 3 lads from his class who we don't know about yet. My son is on the reserved list and is 4th on the list. From the letter we have received we know that last year they took 11 from the reserved list and a couple of years back another lad in our neighbourhood got in after being 7th in the list. Good omens but you just don't know how many from the reserved list will get in this year.

Congratulations to your child very well done for getting into LRGS. Which other exams did he try for and how did he get on?
Facedcomic

How many questions on the VR exam at LRGS?

Post by Facedcomic »

Well done for getting in to LRGS! My daughter got into LGGS and we just went to look at LRGS last week and my son is keen to give it a go!! I'm glad I've only got two kids as I don't think I'd be able to cope with this again! :-) I've just been looking at the admissions document for LRGS. It seems a little different to LGGS. My daughter did Maths (35 questions), English (50 questions) and VR (85 questions); a lot of weighting towards verbal reasoning. From the sample papers on the website it looks like Maths (35), English (35) but there is no VR sample paper for copyright reasons. Can anybody confirm the number of questions on the VR paper? I'd like to understand how much weighting there is on VR. Thanks.
Mrs Mak

Post by Mrs Mak »

lancashirelad wrote:Just thought I would post ,my son has passed the 11+ for LRGS,chuffed to bits.We went through a couple of books from WH Smiths for a week before, under as little pressure as possible.No paid tutoring,so if you think your child can pass ,give it a go.We are out of area(just) but my son really wanted to go and tried his best(they have a very good rugby team,and he loves his rugby.) :D

Congrats for ur sons selection; I ve also heard that they select boys who score above 90 percent in test ,even if they they are outside the residual day places area. is this true? are u outside the catchment area or residual area?
and what did ur son score, coz my son is going to sit next year and v dont come in catchment area.
Primrosejo

Post by Primrosejo »

Anyone know what the pass rate was and what I should be expecting on the practise papers?
Mrs Mak

Post by Mrs Mak »

there is no known pass rate coz it changes from year to year depending on the calibre of boys sitting for test.But i would it is fairly straight forward and easy for boys to get in there from catchment area.however for OC your child will need more practice and should be getting more than 85%.Also the scores are age standardized.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now