CRGS - Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
herewego!

Re: CRGS - Open Evening

Post by herewego! »

Yes, I'm still lurking too!!
Just out of curiosity Hermanmunster, do you know what the actual pass mark for Clitheroe Grammar is? With 180 question, I guess each question is a point - would you say the pass mark is 135 about 75%? I was only going off hearsay before, but would be interesting to know the exact pass mark.
SusieSheep

Post by SusieSheep »

I have heard different stories and you are never sure what to believe at the school gates.
They could add VR, Eng and Maths and go for the average - but you don't know the cut off point.
I once heard that they take Maths and VR and only use the English score if the child is border line.
I believe the English may have changed this year, more questions in less time.
So if there are more English questions this year then that will change the overall score.

Most counties are open with the admin but Lancs - big secret which no one knows. :?
herewego!

Post by herewego! »

Yes, it does seem unnecessarily secretive! :D This year my child said English and Maths 50 questions in 50 minutes and the vr 80 questions in 50 mins - so a total of 180 questions. I would have thought a pass mark of around 70/75%, but that is only based on what people have said in the past.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi herewego - I'm really not sure what the passmark actually is for Clitheroe. If it is anything like the old Skipton exam it was a set percentage who "passed" so the score varied each year.
Primrosejo

Post by Primrosejo »

I enquired at the school office for CRGS and was told that it varies every year but that 70-75% is a good guide. Do all pupils who get in have a tutor? I am against tutoring but my child wants to take the exam.
herewego!

Post by herewego! »

No Primrosejo, we didn't and not many others did either that I've heard. But sometimes I wish we did - would have been nice to offload it on to someone else :D sometimes the parent/child relationship can become quite strained!
Primrosejo

Post by Primrosejo »

Yes they are all packed out! Anyone know pass rates? I know they don't release them for those that get in, but is there anyone who can work something out from those that didn't get in? What sort of scores were they getting?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now