CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dixechick1975

Re: CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Well done to your daughter RachelPorter, she must indeed have scored very well to have a confirmed OOC place.

There is a link on the Clitheroe website to the yr 7 extra curricular activities leaflet. My daughter and her friends are doing several activities, they have a decent lunch break so time to do them. Anyone doing music lessons is encouraged to join the appropriate ensemble. Mine is also enjoying the drama after school and that seems popular. She is not sporty so can't comment on those.

My daughter has had a very good start to yr 7 and is very happy. What has helped is they don't set in yr 7 so the children quickly get to know all the children in the form as they are always together. Different classes have different seating plans so they are mixing with all the children in class. Most have come as only one or two from their primary school so everyone is in the same boat with making friends it's not like there are 20 from one school. Lots of different lunch time extra curricular activities means she sits with a variety of girls for her lunch as well.

She is enjoying all the different lessons and the pace of them.

We also really liked the other school when we looked around. It's a nice dilemma to have, both good options.

If you have any questions please let me know.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now