CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LancsLass

Re: CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Post by LancsLass »

Skipton Girls' results are out; we received a letter this morning. DD has passed but, as we are out of catchment and in a different county, the chances of a place are negligible (but we knew that at the start),
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Well done to your DD LancsLass. How many places are available for out of catchment at Skipton? A couple of girls my DD dances with in Nelson go there from OOC.

CRGS results will be tomorrow morning (Saturday) by post based on my knowledge of what has happened last 2 years.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

LancsLass wrote:Skipton Girls' results are out; we received a letter this morning. DD has passed but, as we are out of catchment and in a different county, the chances of a place are negligible (but we knew that at the start),

Hi LancsLass - do you know how far out they have offered in recent years?
LancsLass

Post by LancsLass »

Thank you for the replies. The situation has been eased by a letter from CRGS this morning informing us that DD has also passed their exam and we are in catchment for CRGS. We are too far into Lancashire (near Gisburn) for Skipton Girls to realistically offer a place - towns such as Ilkley and Keighley are nearer and Skipton would fill their quota with girls from there before reaching us. To compound the situation more we are in catchment for an excellent, over-subscribed non-selective school where increasing numbers of children who pass the 11+ are electing to go instead, so all up in the air!

Decisions, decisions.........
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

LancsLass wrote:Thank you for the replies. The situation has been eased by a letter from CRGS this morning informing us that DD has also passed their exam and we are in catchment for CRGS. We are too far into Lancashire (near Gisburn) for Skipton Girls to realistically offer a place - towns such as Ilkley and Keighley are nearer and Skipton would fill their quota with girls from there before reaching us. To compound the situation more we are in catchment for an excellent, over-subscribed non-selective school where increasing numbers of children who pass the 11+ are electing to go instead, so all up in the air!

Decisions, decisions.........
excellent news and yes being in catchment for CRGS is much easier, Skipton girls rarely gets that far as ilkley / addingham etc are nearer than gisburn.

reckon might be able to guess the school you are referring to - lots don't even take the 11 plus as they decide they want to go there anyway. Sounds like you need to get visiting!
herewego!

Post by herewego! »

We’ve had an in catchment pass letter too - all is well in our house today.
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Very well done to both of your children Herewego! and LancsLass.

An in catchment pass for Clitheroe is fantastic news and really takes the pressure off as March 1st is just a formality.

I'm not far from you LancsLass. My daughter has just started Clitheroe yr 7 and is very happy and so far I've been very impressed by school. She has friends at 'B' school also very happy though. Are you going to visit both again?
LancsLass

Post by LancsLass »

Yes Dixie we shall (hopefully) be visiting both schools. We actually could not attend the CRGS Open Evening (thankfully, when I read about the parking fiasco!) in September so it will be a first visit for us there, but we have been to the other school's Open Evening and we were impressed. DD is inclining towards the other school as all the children she knows who go seem genuinely happy there. She is particularly interested in what prospective schools can offer her regarding extra-curricular activities so that could be her determining factor.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

No problem in mentioning the name of the other schools! ? Bowland?
Rachelporter

Post by Rachelporter »

Thank you for all the replies. My daughter passed SGHS (we are OOC) and also received an offer of a place at Clitheroe (we are also OOC). Our thoughts so far are to go with the guaranteed place at CRGS. We understand our daughter must have attained quite a high score to be offered OOC and we couldn’t be more delighted. Well done to everyone else who received good news this weekend.