CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rachelporter

CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Post by Rachelporter »

My daughter is at a ribble valley primary school but are OOC for both CRGS and Skipton Girls. We have applied for the SGHS 11+ but attended last nights CRGS opening evening and was very impressed. I had understood that both schools were in the same consortium and sat identical papers as such you couldn't take both entrance exams however this year the 11+ falls on different days. Does anyone know if this means that both tests can be undertaken without disqualifying?
hermanmunster

Re: CRGS and Skipton Girls 11+ a week apart

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't know! Suspect can only do one

Sounds like the sort of thing you need to e-mail them about ASAP
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

They are not in a consortium but you are correct that traditionally they are on the same day so people had to choose. Usually Bacup/Skipton/Lancaster/Clitheroe on same date.

Would be very interested to know what the schools say. Clitheroe registration is open until 20th so you have a few days.

Both are GL Maths English and VR. I know last year Lancaster boys and Clitheroe were definitely same test on same day from discussion on here.

My DD has just started Clitheroe yr 7 and is very happy but we know a few girls from ballet also very happy at Skipton Girls. Good luck to your daughter.
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

As Dixiechick said they are not in a consortium - none of the Lancashire Grammar Schools are. However they have always restricted your ability to apply for more than one by having them on the same day. The difference with Skipton is it is not a Lancashire Grammar School and in theory if the test is not on the same day you could take both tests. However you will then need to research how you go about applying to Lancashire County Council for a school which is not in Lancashire.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mumski wrote:As Dixiechick said they are not in a consortium - none of the Lancashire Grammar Schools are. However they have always restricted your ability to apply for more than one by having them on the same day. The difference with Skipton is it is not a Lancashire Grammar School and in theory if the test is not on the same day you could take both tests. However you will then need to research how you go about applying to Lancashire County Council for a school which is not in Lancashire.
That bit is easy - the whole country uses a co-ordinated admissions system, so you just name the school on your CAF in exactly the same way as you name schools within your own LA as preferences. Your LA's 'moving up to secondary school' booklet and website should haven the relevant information.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rachelporter

Post by Rachelporter »

Thank you to all for your advice. SGHS have confirmed that for this year the entrance papers are different to CRGS and as such children can sit both tests.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Interesting to see how many do both!

TBH there won't be that many due to take exams in the area between the two catchment areas but for those who do, it will give a bit more choice
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope all went OK today - area around SGHS looked very busy
herewego!

Post by herewego! »

Crgs was busy too - have heard close to 600 sat it this year compared to the low 400's of the previous two years. Not sure if applicants are still 50/50 for in and out of area though. The two week wait for results really drags.
enigma80

Post by enigma80 »

I heard Skipton results are out today and CRGS might be posted today. Has anyone got their results yet?