Brgs waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Deb813

Brgs waiting list

Post by Deb813 »

Hi my son has met the requirements but he’s been put on the waiting list in position 275! Basically I need 95 children to go to other schools:-(
Can anyone tell me if their children have been so far down on the list? I wish I had put the exam off now as 2 weeks prior my father (ds granddad) passed away so revision was next to nothing! Any advice? Is there any point in risking putting this school as first choice?
RedPanda

Re: Brgs waiting list

Post by RedPanda »

Sorry to hear about your father.

In short, there is no risk related to putting BRGS first on the CAF. If the school don't accept him then your second choice becomes your first and so on.

Given (as you suspect) it is highly unlikely he will be accepted, you are simply reducing your options. If you have a 'safe' school then just make sure that is somewhere on the CAF below BRGS. That way you will get your safe school after the LEA have assessed BRGS for you. The rule of thumb is, put the schools in order of your true preference.

The only advice I'd suggest, is that you start promoting the 'safe' school with your son. This is where he will (almost certainly) be going.

Good luck.
Carolyn Webb

Post by Carolyn Webb »

Deb813 wrote:Hi my son has met the requirements but he’s been put on the waiting list in position 275! Basically I need 95 children to go to other schools:-(
Can anyone tell me if their children have been so far down on the list? I wish I had put the exam off now as 2 weeks prior my father (ds granddad) passed away so revision was next to nothing! Any advice? Is there any point in risking putting this school as first choice?
Hi

Very sorry to hear about your father. My child sat the BRGS exam and we had a similar problem at the time - it is difficult to know whether to try to keep things as normal as possible for your child or not. We are not in the catchment, are you? My child is also on the waiting list.
Deb813

Post by Deb813 »

Thank you for your replies. No we are not in catchment. We are in the 3rd catchment areas so about as low as we can get! He’s happy with our second choice as 99% of his class are going there, I think I’m the most disappointed but in no way showing it as I’ve always told him that he can decide (with a little encouragement!) We have done the choices together today and he’s happy to put BRGS first so we shall just suck it and see
:-)
Good luck x
Reddogs19

Post by Reddogs19 »

Hi I know this is an old thread but did you son manage to get a place in the end? Do you have any idea how far down the list they got? Or have done in previous years?
Deb813

Post by Deb813 »

Hi
No he didn’t get in. He was 14th in the list at the end. He’s happy:-)
Reddogs19

Post by Reddogs19 »

Thank you for your reply. Does that mean they got down the list by 81? Sorry new to all this. My daughter is 38 so don’t know how much if any chance she has?
Deb813

Post by Deb813 »

Yes the list went down a lot! I was surprised. When everyone confirms and accepts their places we ended up at 14. I would say you daughter has a good chance. Obviously every year will be different. Best of luck x
Reddogs19

Post by Reddogs19 »

thank you for taking the time to reply. much appreciated x
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Hiya did anyone get in who were on the waiting list? Just trying to figure out what number did they get up to. Tia xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now