CRGS results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EagerMummy

Re: CRGS results

Post by EagerMummy »

Yeah, there is some travel involved, however I work near the school so no issue in getting him there.

I was just slightly worried if come results day we find out he has passed but no more inclination as to whether he as a place and he gets his hopes up in going to the school but then doesnt due to the application system. I know all parents and children go through this but im trying to be as prepared as possible.

thanks All.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks like if he has got a high enough score then you can be a bit more confident, the problem is more if you are on in waiting list territory where you will have to be fairly vague about where he is going for the next few months! hope all works out for you
genericusername

Post by genericusername »

Hi - just thought I'd jump on and say that we're waiting for CRGS results too, and we're also OOC. :|
EagerMummy

Post by EagerMummy »

genericusername wrote:Hi - just thought I'd jump on and say that we're waiting for CRGS results too, and we're also OOC. :|
Hi, hope you get good news :-), these 2 & 1/2 weeks until results feels like years! :|
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

We are not even close to sitting the exam, still a few years off, but I am nervous for you :D

Eager Family Stick Together :D

Good Luck
genericusername

Thanks Eager Family :D

I know that LRGS came out this week and they sat the same papers on the same day, so it's really frustrating to have to wait!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Oh that is annoying! they must have the results .. good luck to all waiting :D
EagerMummy

Post by EagerMummy »

Have they? didn't know they got theirs earlier.

Whilst we are waiting we have been attending other schools open days, I can see that my DS is trying not to get his hopes up at a place and have left the option up to him at other schools he wants to look round.

some of the schools I don't like, some my ds doesn't like but we have agreed with him that we will decide on the 3 preferences and the order with him so that he has a choice, when we have received the results. I know he wants to go to CRGS but is fully aware of it being a longshot.

I obvs want him to go to CRGS but am keeping my thoughts to myself as I don't want him to feel like he has let us down or that he is a disappointment. I am just really impatient when it comes DC and want the best of them always ( as all parents do) so am struggling with the waiting :|
genericusername

I totally understand about struggling with the waiting. It's been giving me sleepless nights tbh. A friend of my friend's friend (yes really) posted on FB last Saturday that they'd had a letter/email, not sure which, saying their DD had passed but was being advised that as they are OOC then it would depend on the allocation of places by LCC. That wasn't how I thought it worked so it is all very odd.

I am addicted to refreshing my email inbox. Playing havoc with trying to get my work done :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

genericusername wrote:I totally understand about struggling with the waiting. It's been giving me sleepless nights tbh. A friend of my friend's friend (yes really) posted on FB last Saturday that they'd had a letter/email, not sure which, saying their DD had passed but was being advised that as they are OOC then it would depend on the allocation of places by LCC. That wasn't how I thought it worked so it is all very odd.

I am addicted to refreshing my email inbox. Playing havoc with trying to get my work done :lol:

It is how it work really - the school may hint that people have high enough scores but can't give out any places - that is down to the LEA. If there are a lot who passed in area they may nominally fill up many of the places leaving few for the OOC pupils, but until they actually apply at the end of October, they won't know the real numbers, not all who pass will decide to go there. Answer will only be clear at the beginning of March