CRGS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cyberdad

CRGS waiting list

Post by Cyberdad »

Hi, my child is on the waiting list for Sep 22 entry. Does anyone know how far down the list people get in? Also not sure about what the reserve list is, do I have to request to go onto it or is it automatically done?
ToadMum

Re: CRGS waiting list

Post by ToadMum »

Cyberdad wrote:Hi, my child is on the waiting list for Sep 22 entry. Does anyone know how far down the list people get in? Also not sure about what the reserve list is, do I have to request to go onto it or is it automatically done?
How can you be on a waiting list for a year group for which the CAF deadline is not for another 17 days? Or is this for an in-year application?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Is this this rather odd thing that CRGS do where after the exam they basically tell people that they have places or are on a waiting list - they really shouldn't be doing it as no-one has a place until they apply and then the allocations in March

ETA - thread about it here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 20&t=59144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Same with BRGS, you get an indication that a place will be available or if they would be on the waiting list. Basically I think that they just send out the results and you are in the top 180 (or whatever the PAN is) or passed but not in the top 180 and where you are.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

https://youtu.be/_bX6M2ZK2z0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4mins 30secs in
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

OverEagerDad wrote:https://youtu.be/_bX6M2ZK2z0

4mins 30secs in
Thanks - they have been doing it for years, not legit at all as no-one guaranteed a place until March 1st - but they get away with it as there are so few GS in the area and few apply to more than one
psychodrama

Post by psychodrama »

Hi,

Our DD also received the results letter yesterday. She is out of area and is 13th on the 'reserve list'. There is no mention of waiting list? Is the wording in your letter different Cyberdad? Also interested in opinion of others around whether she stands a chance being 13th on the reserve list.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

psychodrama wrote:Hi,

Our DD also received the results letter yesterday. She is out of area and is 13th on the 'reserve list'. There is no mention of waiting list? Is the wording in your letter different Cyberdad? Also interested in opinion of others around whether she stands a chance being 13th on the reserve list.
the waiting list won't really be relevant until after March next year - the figures at present assume that all those "offered" a place actually put the school on the CAF and don't go anywhere else instead - there will always be some who do that as some will go to places like Bowland or Stoneyhurst etc.

Best to put the school first on the CAF if you are keen on a place and see what happens in March
psychodrama

Post by psychodrama »

Appreciated.
Cyberdad

Post by Cyberdad »

psychodrama wrote:Hi,

Hi Psychodrama, apologies, the letter does state reserve list, not waiting list. My child is much further down the list at 30th. I'm trying to see if someone is able to tell me, typically to how far down the list people mamange to get in. I'm confident that at 13th, if you put CRGS down as 1st on the CAF, you DD will get in.

My DS also sat the BRGS so awaiting the outcome of that before I look into other options
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now