11+ 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11+Newbie

11+ 2009

Post by 11+Newbie »

Hi, is everyone ready for Friday?!

Used this forum a couple of years ago for eldest child's 11+ and now here again with youngest!
That was a quick 2yrs!!!

Feel even more nervous this time (if that's possible) as eldest loves grammar and my youngest is very competitive and is desperate to go too.

11+ Newbie
Ronnie

Good Luck everyone

Post by Ronnie »

Hi - just wanted to wish everyone Good Luck for the weekend. This forum was a godsend for me last year when my daughter was going through it - she has just started Grammar school and so far so good.
Good luck - let me know how it goes but please don't worry if all does not go as planned as my son is at the local comp and doing very, very well and hopes to go on to Grammar to sit his A'levels. Please remember its not the end of the world.

Good Luck x
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

Thanks Ronnie, I am starting to panic now, I must admit. I felt the same when my eldest did it two years ago and am so glad I have no more after this one!

My child is well capable and would be suited to a grammar school, but has been a bit 'hit and miss' with the practice papers, I feel. If anything lets them down, it will be timing and vocab, I think.

I remember feeling the same with eldest, but they went on and got an exceptionally high score; however I'm reluctant to think 'oh, it will come right on the day'.

All my friends seem to think it's a given but I am determined NOT to count my chickens.
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I have nothing but sympathy for you. My daughter sat hers last year and I was a nervous wreck but always fine.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now