SATS and SETS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lec

SATS and SETS

Post by lec »

Haloo all.Just wondered if anyone knows if they use SAT results for setting when starting YR7 at Kings school Grantham?
Do the results and a report on child go to the secondary school prior to entry?
Thankyou in advance.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Sats and school files are definitely passed on from primary to secondary.

Not sure what use that school make of them though
lec

Post by lec »

Thanks.I don't know either :D Do we get to see a copy of report before it goes or when it has gone?
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Evening all,my DS sat CATS about a week into his new term at another Lincs Grammar last Sept. The boys were completely unfazed by it all.
The school see it as a way of seeing how far they have come since they sat the 11plus.
And yes,we did get results sent home,by way of what is known as 'Boy post' :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ah yes "boy post" -usual recommendation is to turn child upside down occasionally and shake them until essential bits of paper drop out of pockets... :roll:
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Hi Herman,
Haven't had to resort to the upside down shaking yet,as DS is still enjoying the newness & thrill of GS.
By September I expect him to have become a jaded old hand at the thought of no longer being one of the new boys :lol:
I'll have hubby start a new keep fit regime in readiness. The thought of trying to upend an already taller than me DS makes my back ache :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now