RUMOUR-CHANGE TO NUMBER OF VR QUESTIONS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Linx11

RUMOUR-CHANGE TO NUMBER OF VR QUESTIONS?

Post by Linx11 »

Some mums in the playground are saying that the VR paper will contain 100 questions vice the expected 85 without any increase to the exam period. Any truth in the rumour?
Alex

Re: RUMOUR-CHANGE TO NUMBER OF VR QUESTIONS?

Post by Alex »

The VR test has had 100 questions for many years. The time given is 50 minutes so average of 30 seconds per question.
85 - question tests appear in the published Letts/NfER Nelson practice tests which also do not cover all the question types which appear in the Lincolnshire tests.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Question for Alex:

Which practice papers cover the whole syllabus?
Obviously too late for this son - exam tomorrow!! But I have yet another one who will sit in 2 yrs time.

Is there anywhere to find the syllabus for VR/NVR for Lincolnshire? I have tried to look for one but failed. I have spent ages practising nets and cubes on NVR only to find it is not in Lincolnshire tests!!

I am not sure if it is because we are 'out of area' but I dont seem to ever get a definitive answer!

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

There isn't a syllabus but NfER supply the tests and use a bank of questions, some of which may also be used in different areas of the country, though the question types used and the format vary with area. From year to year the paper will contain many of the same types of question but the bank of possible types is larger than the number of types used in any one exam so there is some variation year to year.

There are no published practice tests which cover all the sorts of questions which come up in the Lincs VR. It is advisable to know the 21 types as covered by IPS and be aware that a few of the questions which are in the Susan Daughtrey books 1 - 4 may appear. Mixed letter and number codes, for example, make an appearance in the familiarisation test and the little 3x3 crossword is a common (easy) first question.

For the NVR test you only need the types which are covered in the Letts/NfER Nelson practice papers.

Hope this helps
lincslady

Post by lincslady »

Hi

I know the number/letter codes can come up but do the letter codes which have a mirror image come up in the lincolnshire tests.

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

I don't know if they have come up - not I think when any of mine took the tests - but I think one should probably assume that it is possible that one MAY come up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now