Help Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NStamford

Help Please

Post by NStamford »

Hello,
I am really late coming into this process, I am hoping for my son to go to Stamford School (Lincolnshire) and am aware that there are 4 tests (from a brief conversation with school). I really don't know where to start and am conscious that the tests are in January.
From a frantic search online for test papers I ended up here but still feel a bit overwhelmed by the number of different tests - how would I know which are most relevant? Any advice would be very welcome!
Many thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Help Please

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Nicola and welcome, Lincolnshire section is good place to start as many people take Stamford along with the GS's. However might also be worth posting in the independent school section as others may read that. I'm not sure of the tests but Alex might know and may be able to help.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

All the website says is:

"Reasoning (verbal), Mathematics and English papers"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome,
I am afraid I know nothing about the tests myself but there may well be others using the forum who can tell you a bit more. I know there have been members in the past who have gone to the Stamford schools after failing to get into Bourne Grammar because of distance or just missing the score. I assume you are trying simply for entry to the independent school not for a LCC funded scholarship? The ins and outs of the restrictions and requirements for that I do know about - it is currently in its last year under the current agreement so 2011 will be the last LCC scholarship intake (unless there have been any further negotiations...). If your child is at a Stamford primary or nearby they may know more about the tests.
You could also approach the school direct to ask more.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now