Post code lottery

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
roll17

Post code lottery

Post by roll17 »

My DD has successfully passed the 11+ with a score of 267 ( Sept child).

She was last year on level 5 B/c and has just taken an assessment week and is now on level 5a.

She is a very bright child and the school are already giving her year 7/8 work.

Obviously she is an ideal candidate for Grammar sch but we live out of the county and so it boils down to the post code lottery.

If ( and I hope it doesn't) we need to go to appeal what are should we be pursuing and how should we tackle this.

I like to be organised and don't want the shock of gathering all the info at the last minute.

roll17
r o l l 1 7
Alex

Re: Post code lottery

Post by Alex »

roll17 wrote:...Obviously she is an ideal candidate for Grammar sch but we live out of the county and so it boils down to the post code lottery.

If ( and I hope it doesn't) we need to go to appeal what are should we be pursuing and how should we tackle this.

I like to be organised and don't want the shock of gathering all the info at the last minute.

roll17
Well, not postcode lottery, simply the distance that you live from the school when you are applying to Community/Controlled Grammars in Lincolnshire. If DD was DS, of course, you would be sitting comfortably as King's admits on score order and Carre's on score order for those out of area.

As for possible appeals, hopefully you won't need it, but a good place to start is the Q&A section on the this site:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... #section-C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I shall send you a PM as well.
roll17

Re: Post code lottery

Post by roll17 »

Thanks Alex,

You are right it is very annoying that the Boys schools near us ( you mentioned) take on score as we'd be sitting pretty. It seems rather discriminatory but I understand the rules behind it.

Same goes for if you have a DS and DD rather than children of the same sex ( except of course if applying for Kings). It's such a shame the county has adopted one admissions policy only for all selective entry schools.

roll17
r o l l 1 7