New to this and very confused.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: New to this and very confused.

Post by hermanmunster »

aha! I detect a Lincolnshire support network starting up for 2011-12.... good news!!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

hermanmunster wrote:aha! I detect a Lincolnshire support network starting up for 2011-12.... good news!!
:D
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

loo1965 wrote:Hi Jester
My son is also in year 5 and taking 11+ this year. we are looking at Kings in Gratham as that is our catchment although he is extremely sporty so Carres may be an option as well.

Its good to have someone else in Lincs :)

Loo
Hi Loo :)

My son loves his sport, so Carres is perfect for him. Have you started work with your son yet?
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Alex wrote:Hello Jetser,

Here is a link to an old thread where there is a discussion of which practice papers people have found useful:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=5540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and to the sticky above which tells you about the format and length and timing of the tests:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =21&t=4525" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have plenty of time to prepare. Any further questions, do ask.
Thanks Alex, I'm off to read those links now. :)
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

I had read those links Alex but was still confused, obviously doesn't take much :lol: .

This forum is great, I am beginning to get to grips with it all. I certainly know a lot more than I did before I found this site, thank you.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sorry it is still confusing! Just ask questions when you need to and someone will be able to clarify.
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Jester,

Im lucky in the fact my DS school does do some work with them, so yes we have started. Hes actually quite good at VR ( just lack of concentration at times = silly mistakes :o ) I think he finds NVR harder though!!! I thought it would be the other way round in boys!!

Ive spent all weekend ( like most) at sporting venues either getting horrendously windswept, ice cold or soaked through - all for the love of sport :shock:

Loo
lincoln imp

Post by lincoln imp »

Hi everyone, can some of you in the Lincolnshire area give me a suggestion as to the best books to buy/practice papers that are relevant for this Years exam etc.
Any info is much appreciated.
LI
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello Lincoln Imp,

Have a look at the information posted on the "Schools" section where there is a basic guide to which publishers cover the types of material relevant to the Lincolnshire tests:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... re-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will be able to find most of the books here or on Amazon or maybe in your local bookshop depending on where you live.

This link is to an old thread which names many of the books/practice papers which people have found useful (or not) in preparing for the Lincs tests:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=5540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.