appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

george

appeals

Post by george »

WE HAVE JUST SUBMITTED AN APPEAL ON BEHALF OF OUR DAUGHTER WHO WAS UNSUCCESSFUL IN SEPTEMBER AND ARE TOLD BY LINCOLN THAT THE APPEALS WILL BE HEARD SOME TIME IN MARCH. WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER WHAT WE THINK IS A GOOD CASE FOR HER AND HAVE ALSO INCLUDED A NUMBER OF ENDORSEMENTS FROM AMONGST OTHERS HER HEADTEACHER AND ALSO THE PRINCIPAL OF HER DRAMA CLASS. I WAS WONDERING WHETHER THERE ARE ANY PARENTS OUT THERE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS AND WOULD SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES. WE ARE DESPERATE TO WIN THIS APPEAL AS WE KNOW SHE WOULD SUFFER HUGELY BOTH ACADEMICALLY AND SOCIALLY AT THE LOCAL SEC.MOD - IN FACT AN INFORMED SOURCE WITHIN THE SCHOOL HAS CONSISTENTLT TOLD US TO "KEEP ALL OUR OPTIONS OPEN BEFORE CHOOSING A SCHOOL"- WE KNOW THAT THIS IS A CAVEAT TO AVOID THE PLACE AT ALL COSTS. WE KNOW THAT SOME CHILDREN DO OK THERE BUT THE SUB-CULTURES WITHIN THE STUDENT BODY IN CERTAIN AREAS REALLY ARE SOMETHING ELSE!
louise

Post by louise »

Hi george

If you go to the main appeals section you will gain a lot of knowledge re: questions you are likely to be asked. Bucks are currentley hearing appeals. Can I ask you which area in Lincolnshire you are appealing to as you mention you have already submitted forms. I'm waiting to appeal to King's in Grantham and although I was told in October that we would receive appeal forms in January, I am now being told that we wont receive the forms until March. Is the school you are appealing to LEA led or a foundation school? Thanks

Post by Guest »

HELLO LOUISE,
THANKS FOR YOUR POST.WE APPLIED FOR AND RECEIVED THE FORMS EARLY DECEMBER.WE ARE IN BOURNE WHICH IS A VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOL.

THANKS,
G.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Thanks and good luck with your appeal. This Lincolnshire site should become busier in March as appeal dates draw closer. I just hope to get it done and dusted with before Easter hols.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Appeals for any particular school are generally held in a block so as not to disadvantage any appellant. The Council generally asks that appeal applications for September's intake are sent in by the end of March, and the appeals are most often heard in the summer term.

George: It is important to remember that you need to convince the panel about the academic suitability for Grammar school before they will even go on to consider the social and personal reasons for your child to go to that particular school. The nearer your daughter was to the pass mark the easier this bit will be. Try to get as much solid evidence as you can in terms of SATS levels, scores in other tests, and specific support from the school eg "X performs consistently in the top 25% of the cohort", rather than "X always works hard and gives of her best". If you already have this evidence that is fine but if not I am sure that you will be able to add it in at this stage.

Bourne Grammar or not

Post by Guest »

Us folk from Spalding 'fight' to get our children into your secondary mod - I assume you mean Robert Manning. As such, it's considered to be a worthy choice. It's always difficult to gain a realistic insight into a school's overall culture, but the consensus remains favourable on this count. If results alone were a measure of success, then RM has a respectable track record given that it has to operate in a selective system. The above is probably not very helpful but it might, at least, open your eyes to RM as a real possibility?
SJ

Post by SJ »

What is the date for having appeals in because a place was not offered?
john m

Post by john m »

the offer letters that we received last week indicate 14 days.However, I have just heard that the actual appeal hearings will not happen until the end of May/ beginning of June and could even drag on into July- the grammars usually like to tie everything up prior to the taster days for incoming Y 7's in early July to avoid any stigmatisation of students who've got in on appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now