Have you declined a place or know of anyone who has?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vindi

Have you declined a place or know of anyone who has?

Post by vindi »

In the Hertfordshire Region section, there is a post were people can indicate if they have declined a place and where or know of anyone who has. It appears to be helping worried parents whose children are on waiting lists by reassuring them that places are being freed up in some schools. Can I please suggest we start something similar for the Lincolnshire schools?
ourmaminhavana

Re: Have you declined a place or know of anyone who has?

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi Vindi, I know what you mean, but there never seems to be the same frenzy about Lincolnshire schools as elsewhere. :lol:
Are you waiting to hear about a particular school, or is it a general suggestion? If it's the former, I'm sure if you mention the particular school in which you're interested someone more knowledgeable - like Alex :) - will be able to comment. I know some years, some schools don't even need waiting lists as they're undersubscribed.
vindi

Post by vindi »

I am looking particulary at Grantham and Kesteven Girls School. Just hopeful there may be some people turning down spaces as got in elsewhere. Appeal has been posted anyway, but if we can escape the actual appeal all well and good
Alex

Post by Alex »

Reserve or waiting lists are a bit more straightforward when only score order is involved. Distance is a bit harder to gauge. Also there are still two further allocations, one for late applicants and one for re-applicants which could affect the position on the waiting list. Admissions department are usually fairly helpful in letting you know where you are on the list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now