Feeling worried now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
loo1965

Feeling worried now

Post by loo1965 »

3 weeks to go and DS has been doing papers with good results IPS 85%+, AFN90% + in VR.
GL assessment papers 65-75 % only - but the vocabulary is really hard in these

NVR papers in GL slightly better 70-75 %

But I'm concerned and don't know what else to do - we go over incorrect ones and on average he can raise his marks by 5-6 with checking properly. He does finish in plenty of time so timing not an issue

Worried now :(
LoobyLoo

Re: Feeling worried now

Post by LoobyLoo »

Worrying time isn't it. My Son's scores really dropped earlier in the school hols and he was getting quite stressed so we agreed one hour a week is all he'd do and he can have two whole weeks off at the end of the hols. His scores then increased and he's much more chilled about the whole thing. We are now not doing anything until September. Not only has he benefited from a break, I have too - and probably saved myself a few more grey hairs in the process!! I'm now of the opinion that we've done what we can and at this stage, he's as ready as he'll ever be. I've made up my mind now that worse case scenario and he doesn't get the score? Then perhaps grammar school isn't right for our son and we'll look at our other options, as limited as they are. Good luck. I'm sure he'll be fine x
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Thanks and I'm sure I'm probably stressing over nothing he does finish the papers incredibly early sometimes as much as 10-15 mins early but I just can't seem to instill the importance of checking. As I said when we go over them he sees his mistakes no problem and can get at least another 5-6 if not more correct ( this may make all the difference)

Are you taking the test at Kings or Carres - do you know what the timings are yet?
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

Hi. We're sitting at Carres on the Saturdays as out of county. We went for Carres as they did the practice a few months ago but Kings is still our first choice school with Carres as second. Not thought about third choice yet as there isn't much around here! How about you?
Re timings etc, don't quote me but I think its 100 questions in 50 mins for VR and 65 questions, grouped into 4 x 8 min sections (16 questions per section) for NVR.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now