KGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
angelz

KGGS

Post by angelz »

Hi,

My neice will be due to sit her 11+ in 2008. If she passes she will probably apply to KGGS. Does anyone have any experience of the school (good or bad) in light of the recent press concerning the current problems being faced by the school.

I know the head has just resigned and wonder whether any current parents see this as a step in the right direction or are there other factors which may need to be addressed?

angelz[color=darkblue
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hi Angelz

Have no experience of KGGS but it was good to see that you are still using the forum. Hope you are well.
angelz

Post by angelz »

Thanks SJ,

Yes still here, although not always vocal. My son got the place he wanted at Kings which is why my brother and sister in law have asked me to help familiarise my neice for her tests. We watch the KGGS saga unfold with bated breath.

I hope all is well with you and the 11+ experience has been kind to you.

angelz
JO

KGGS

Post by JO »

Our daughter started Y7 at KGGS last September and I have to say that she has had no problems whatsoever. She has settled in really well, making lots of new friends etc. We are also really pleased with the academic progress, she seems to work at a vast rate of knots and the girls seem to cover a very impressive amount of work. We attended parents evening on Thursday with all the reports good.

The problems the school has had previously seem to be management ones and after last Monday that should now have resolved itself. It is now up to the governors and LA to get their act together to find a good head to take this school forward.

As has been previously stated this is a good school - but it could be better.

At this moment in time, I would have no hesitation in applying for a place in the future, and hopefully by 2008 Angelz all this will be behind us and your neice will be applying for an exceptional school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now