NFER HELP

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

blissot

NFER HELP

Post by blissot »

Can anyone help, my daughter will be taking her 11+ tests this year and i have been informed they will be NFER. Am I right in saying that there is only 4 practice papers for NVR and 4 for VR? Also I know that there are plenty of other tests such as Bond etc about but which ones are the closest to NFER. i have looked on the bookshop here and e-papers but I am not sure and I am getting confused. i am particularly interested in NVR for her as this is the area she needs the most practice in. Can anyone help? :lol: :?: [/b]
guest00

Post by guest00 »

I can't tell you which other papers are similar but NFER do only publish 4 papers in each subject, even though each year they seem to come out with different covers.

It would probably help to let people know which area you are in.

We are in Kent and used Bond books.
blissot

Post by blissot »

Hi I am in Lincolnshire and the grammar school is Queen Elizabeth Grammar at Gainsborough.
Alex

Post by Alex »

-Bond "How to do Non-Verbal Reasoning" - an easy introduction to method

-AFN "Non-Verbal reasoning Practice Tests A,B,C&D" - perhaps a bit easier than NFER but follow the correct format though giving more time. Multiple choice, but we just ignored the answer sheet and circle answers on the paper.

-Eleven Plus Exams "Non-Verbal Reasoning Practice Tests 1,2&3" - download papers from this site - again follow the format but are multiple choice and give more time.

These are the only papers we found to exactly mirror the types of question without adding in a lot of "irrelevant" types. But other people have found other papers useful - if you search the NVR and Lincs posts you should find some more pointers.

The actual tests last year were different in format from the practice tests the children did in that instead of 5 sections of 12 questions each (with 6 mins for each section) there were 3 sections with 16 questions and one with 17 questions, each to be completed in 8 minutes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now