Results out 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rainy

Re: Results out 2012

Post by Rainy »

Well done to everyone, I am pleased to say that my ds has passed,he is over the moon but having mixed emotions as one of his best friends hasn't and is devastated.I also want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has given me advice and support on this site you are all fabulous.
Take care bye for now
Rainy :D
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Well done Fluxcapacity, Bonkers, Rainy and Stocky! :D
JRM

Post by JRM »

Congratulations to everyone who has passed. Rainy, I really feel for your son. We can be older and wiser and know (hope) that everything will work out in the end and as someone posted on here the other day 'cream will always rise to the top'. But even as an adult I feel so sad for those that haven't made it and for it to mean you ened up at a different school to your friend must seem an even bigger deal. Big hugs all round.

(Apologies for being someone that mentioned a score. I did put that it doesn't matter. I'll not mention it again).

Enjoy your celebrations :-)
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Many thanks OMIH, you have been a fantastic support through our journey. Well done Rainy and all the other DC's. It is hard - at our school a girl with a sibling passed and her best friend didn't, so it was floods of tears in both their houses I am led to believe. I didn't mean to cause offence with my score comment - its just yesterday I was getting all these 'score' texts, something which didn't happen last year with DD, or on here, the focus was on the fact that DC's had passed. There were a few posts the week after as a few requested them etc. When I read Bonkers comment saying she felt 230 ish wasn't a great score, it didn't sit right with me. I wouldn't want someone who had just got 220, thinking they hadn't done that well. Hope that makes sense.
saza999

Post by saza999 »

I've done lots of exams and studied with lots of tutors and most of them have one saying 'anything above a pass is just a waste!'. Therefore it doesn't matter what score anybody got the good thing is that it was passed....Wll done to all the children that passed :D
FluxCapacity

Post by FluxCapacity »

Angie,

Have you visited the schools during a normal schoolday? Why not do that now, to help you decide? We went to visit a couple this way, because my husband couldn't go to open evenings, and got quite a different view of the schools - not so polished, much more real, more feel for how the kids are and how the teachers interacted with them. CGS had a couple of lovely Y8s show us round, and KEVIGS had Y13s. Their sense of pride and inspiration from teachers was lovely.

As we've said before, we clearly live near each other. Daughter and I have never warmed to QEHSG, and it's not clear she'd be offered a place there (on distance) - although after a chat with the head last test, I could warm to him. My neighbour has girls there, and one of her daughters has been a nightmare over the last couple of years and she says the school has been amazing in their efforts with her (she appears to have turned a corner now).

For us, neither is very easy to get to, and we'd like to move in the next year or so for other reasons anyway. So we probably will to make the journey easier. QEHSG is either 13 mile drive, or 4 miles to bus stop in the middle of nowhere. Caistor is 14 miles, or 7 miles to bus stop in same town as primary school for others (so not so difficult, but difficult at home time).

One of daughter's best friends has also passed for CGS which is brilliant, but she'd still have chosen it if she hadn't. Can't believe how lucky we are!

Well done everyone.
veryproud

Post by veryproud »

I have never been on this forum before but just joined to make a comment. My son passed his 11+ and we are all over the moon. His score was 229 and although this isn't high, the school has previously accepted all children who gained a pass in the last 3 years. We are keeping everything crossed that this will be enough. However, like another parent mentioned, when receiving texts and calls from other parents yesterday, the first question I have been asked is 'what score did he get'. I have refused to discuss his score and I know when he goes to school tomorrow he will feel his score isn't good enough and the wonderful fact that he has actually passed will be forgotten. He already knows he got the lowest score out of a number of his friends and it's such a shame that he now doesn't think he has done well at all and feels like he's let us down, which he most certainly hasn't. I know there is nothing that can be done about children and parents discussing scores but it can be very detremental and can take the shine off the fact that the child has passed. I am just hoping and praying that his score will be enough, but regardless of that I am very proud! Wish us luck!!
Celtic Worrier

Post by Celtic Worrier »

Unwittingly I posted my son's score here yesterday. Unlike some of you we had no texts or messages from others about scores was only son, OH and myself and a couple of elderly relatives were aware that we did this. We were up early waiting for post and had almost given up when eventually we spotted a flash of red and accosted the Postie in the street, son opened letter and we literally danced with joy.

I had no idea that posting a score was bad form. As this has been a bit of journey for me I have used this forum for guidance and company and read the posts of the previous years posters who had kept each other company along the way. On results day last year
they posted their children's scores (if a score was given) and all congratulated each other, and so in my excitement yesterday I did the same. It was a good pass (not spectactular) and we were happy but a pass that would get him in to his chosen school would have been enough.

CW
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

I had no idea that posting a score was bad form
Chillax celtic - you are reverting to 'worrier' again!
I posted my son's score on the day of the results two years ago as I was panicking it would not be enough as his school allocates in score order.
If I knew my DD's score this year, I am sure I would have done the same.
The scores achieved bear no relation to performance when they get there so everyone needs to relaxxxx. My son is now in top groups despite 'just' getting in - attitude when they get there much more important :)
Now I know why KGGS says not to tell your DC their score! :roll:
Celtic Worrier

Post by Celtic Worrier »

Y'know secondtime you are quite right I am reverting to worrier again

I'll put that one to bed now - thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now