Pass Rate QEHSG 2012 for 2013 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Angie76

Pass Rate QEHSG 2012 for 2013 entry

Post by Angie76 »

Hi everyone

I have just found out from QEHS Gainsborough that 236 passed who sat the test at their school x

Angie76 :D
Stocky

Re: Pass Rate QEHSG 2012 for 2013 entry

Post by Stocky »

Useful Angie. Just to add to those of you who are perhaps that bit further out from QE, don't automatically assume that a high pass rate will push the cut off closer. If you look at Alex's sticky, you will see that isn't necessarily the case. Last year was a relatively low pass rate and the lowest in comparison to previous years, also there were less siblings than the previous year, so I was really hopeful that we might just squeeze in at 14 miles, but it went in at 12.6, the lowest for a good few years, so it really does depend on where those passing live. Good luck! x
JRM

Post by JRM »

I just google mapped our house - I'm not sure that has helped my nerves. It gives 3 alternative routes ranging from 10.5 to 12.8 miles. I presume they take the shortest? Gah, I must just fill in the CAF and forget about it. I didn't even know how many usually pass so you just know I am now going to read Alex's sticky and obsess a bit more.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

JRM

Don't worry they use map point. My distance using google maps was 14.4 but Lincolnshire County Council assured me that using their system it is 13.502. On my car when I checked it was 13.5 so think you are safe x

Angie76 :D
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

JRM and Angie - I feel like I have rewound 12m and I am watching me! Best wishes x
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

I know of two families who live too far from the school to ever hope to get a place and they are the oldest children, one is going to put a rental property address down and one is claiming they live with grandparents for this school. How on earth do they get away with it? I am hoping that we will be in on distance we certainly should be but as people get more and more desperate one wonders if we will not because people are getting places in underhand ways.
MumLincs

Post by MumLincs »

Hi bonkers - they will get away with it because no-one will report them! Personally I would report them anonymously. It really isn't fair on the other children.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Bonkers, the bus my DD is supposed to catch starts its journey 20 miles from QEHS in an affluent part of Doncaster, yet by the time it gets to us 14 miles away its 70 seats are already full (well given the catchment has never gone above 14, the re have not been 70 SEN's or appeals in the last few years!!), so the company has put on an extra mini bus starting in our village and serving a few other villages. I've found out more and its so the norm there! Every year people from 20 miles away there, are determined to get their older sibling into QEHS so they rent in Gainsborough, if you check the allocations maps there are always 'siblings' in the place I am talking about, its common practice. The ones who rent and physically move temporarily are doing nothing wrong I have been told and even though they have younger siblings in primaries miles away, if they have moved into rented accommodation it is ok, because they have moved. I know of 4 families last year at 13 miles who did this after the results were out because they knew they were on the edge, and they wouldn't have got in at 12.6 miles. I only found this out in the summer, I didn't know before. But, if someone puts down an address they are not living at then that is fraud and it needs reporting, as allocations do not have the resource to check hundreds of applications in that level of detail, but I found out at our appeal that '2' had been caught out last year, but they are reliant on it being reported. My DD's friend was at 12.66 miles last year, a distance which would have been fine for many years, she was second on the reserve list - someone has her place in my mind, one of these people. We were 8th on the reserve list, if 9 people did this, someone took my DD's place and we could have been spared a year of heartache. If anyone is doing anything dodgy report it, it could be your child's place they are taking, anonymously do it, or PM and I will. Again, I have since found out about a DC in year 9 now, they bought a second property in Gainsborough 2 years before the test, they never lived there, they rent it out, but its the lengths people go to. Sorry, after the year I have had.......don't get me started on this one.....
flagmanter

Post by flagmanter »

I was fairly confident on Saturday when my DS passed as we only live 12.7 miles away. I'm really worried now!

I would definitely recommend anyone reporting wrong-doing, for the sake of the rest of us that play by the rules.

Even so, it shouldn't take much resource to investigate all those children that had moved within the previous 12 months, particularly when it is closer to QEHSG.
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

So who do you report to and how? The school, LLC I don't know. I mean there are 4 children that I know sat the exam and have no chance of getting in none at all, no siblings no statements and about 15+ miles from the school. DO you just report the names and ask them to look into it, anonymously, I mean do they take anonymous claims seriously?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now