Late change .....extenuating circumstances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
roll17

Late change .....extenuating circumstances

Post by roll17 »

Hi

My Ds got a score of 256.

Last year to say the least was horrendous for us and following a bereavement (2 weeks before the exams). He went into almost lock down and wouldn't communicate his choices so we made them based on his interests.

Another major event happened over Xmas and he is now very insecure and wants to go to a school where he knows lots of boys and not be isolated in the choice we made for him.

Does anyone know what I can do now to change this decision? Has anyone been in this position before?

Unfortunately the school he wants we put as choice 4 but obviously he wants that at the top and move all others down a space.

I can't contact the council until tomorrow but have sent an e mail explaining but realise that I'm out of that cut off too by 2 days.

I just feel like everything is against us at the moment and the more I try to make life easier the more hurdles there are to jump.

Thanks
r o l l 1 7
Alex

Re: Late change .....extenuating circumstances

Post by Alex »

Unfortunately the cut-off date for late applications is genuinely a cut-off date after which it is impossible to deal with new applications (and Lincolnshire's date was 17th December). It is also important to realise that late applicants are allocated school places at a later date than on-time applicants so it really is a risk to replace an on-time application with a late one unless you really have to or you know for sure that your preferred school/s will not be oversubscribed.

It is possible to put in a revised application after allocations (you should accept the offered school first so that you do not lose the place there). In these particular circumstances it would also be well worth considering an appeal where all of these factors can be taken into account.

I have sent you a pm to explain all of this a bit more fully.