Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ginx

Re: Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Post by ginx »

I'm dreading Friday in case dd2 doesn't hear she's got into gs.

She has had terrible fall out with friends - when does teasing become bullying, I am wondering yet again - she says my going into school does not help playground issues. None of these friends are going to gs, can't help but wonder if that's why.

I can't wait till she leaves. A year ago, I never thought I'd think that. Doubtless there will be tears on the last day, but I can't wait. Our comp is good so I really don't mind where she goes. I just want to know so we have something to look forward to and plan. I invigilate at the comp and whilst very impressed by students' attitude in higher groups, some students' attitude in lower groups is very negative. Probably the same everywhere.

I just want Friday/Saturday to be here!!!! I'm sure you all want the same! And this week is dragging ... I expect if she does get a place at gs, her "friends" will continue to be nasty. Can't win!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Ginx, hopefully your DD will get into GS, where she will be able to make a whole new set of friends. Good luck and roll on Friday! :D

Best of luck to everyone else, hope it's a 'Happy Friday' for all! :)
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Totally chilled - I know she will get in.

I remember being totally freaked 2 years ago though!

Girls policy in Grantham so much more relaxing for me than the boys!!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Thanks Angie, I know he's going, just want the proper confirmation. Just seems too 'easy' this year and I actually feel guilty for his friends who may not, daft I know, as I was there last year, as you say Secondtime 'freaked' - that was me. Fingers crossed Ginx that its the news you want.
Alex

Post by Alex »

All the best, everyone. Will be thinking of you tomorrow :)
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Thanks Alex :D
I'm hoping my postie arrives earlier than the usual 2pm lol as I cannot remember if i chose to find out by email or letter.

Angie76 :?
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Fingers and toes crossed for you all. I tweeted Notts CC earlier and their emails (which is for everyone who applied online) will be sent out at approximately 8am. No idea re North Lincs or Lincs, I seem to remember Lincs being able to log on last year after midnight. Good Luck.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Any Notts people still up - who applied online, log on to your application on Notts CC website and its already showing your preferred school(s) and where you're offered place is. I'm in tears!!!
FluxCapacity

Post by FluxCapacity »

Hope those are happy tears, Stocky.
Lincs were up on stroke of midnight.
:D here! Good luck others.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

very happy tears FC. Notts don't publish that you can view online etc, the line is, you're emailed, I logged onto my account randomly after reading a post in another area and it said "offer info!!!!".
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now