Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stocky

Re: Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Post by Stocky »

Gutted for both of you and know your pain. It was 12.6 last year and yes Lincs CC will confirm the distance of the last place offered. If you decide to appeal, this forum is the best - read the oversubscription bit of the appeals section and also the appeals forum "past experiences" as that is useful too. Last year there were 19 appeals and 5 successful. Good Luck! Fingers crossed for everyone else x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Quite right Stocky! - the link to the oversub appeals is here : http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flagmanter

Post by flagmanter »

Thanks, although I do feel that we have been 'wronged' by the system with a number of stories of parents temporarily 'moving' into the area. 12.7 miles was well within the catchment only a few years ago.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

The last place offered was 12.4 miles. 65+ siblings this year. Its gone below 12 miles in the past, its gone to nearly 14 too. I know of a few people around the 13 mile mark who didn't want to chance it and moved for a year. I've said on here before that DD's 70 seater bus starts at 20+ miles away and is full by the time it gets to 14 miles, so they put on an extra mini bus to serve the rest. Those 70 aren't all successful appeals are they. Thats just one route.
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

I also really feel for you and it is the address thing that really makes me cross especially if you know that people have got a place by being underhand actually just scrub that, told blatant lies. It worries me because what is that teaching their children. My oldest has got a place at QEHS I collected it at midnight :oops: but by how slow the site was I'm assuming lots of people did. We are within 9 miles so I was more worried about a clerical error.

I would give it a go if you can face an appeal.
Ziggi

Post by Ziggi »

We haven't got in. I just feel numb.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

How far away are you Ziggi?
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Thats awful Ziggi. Really sorry. Re my earlier post my friend (who's DS didn't get in) says the school said last place offered was 12.4 but admissions have said it was 12.6 just now, so some of you are ridiculously close. Good luck everyone.
Ziggi

Post by Ziggi »

More than 12.4 and 12.6 so we're out full stop. I really am just numb. I can't afford to move, certainly can't rent a place and play the system. I haven't lied and cheated and consequently we've lost out. I'm just wondering what the point is in being honest. Same with the tests, we didn't do any of the old coaching, drilling and weekly private tutor for 12 months nonsense. In early September we just talked through a couple a practise papers, talked about keep calm, try your best, don't leave any blanks, check your answers etc etc. My child got over the first hurdle on ability not through coaching and private tuition (which I couldn't afford anyway!). We live where we live and I really can't change that. I didn't lie and we've lost out. My child would've been better off in care - they get priority of place. How bad is it to think that?

How do you appeal against distance? Unless its been miscalculated (& therefore a clerical error) I see no grounds. Appeals are last ditch attempts and unlikely to be successful. With no grounds they are a waste of everyone's time and effort.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

You cant appeal on distance Ziggi, but have a look at the oversubscription part of the forum, its really helpful. There were 5 successful appeals last year - it can be done. Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now