Introduction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11+Newbie

Introduction

Post by 11+Newbie »

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself, have a child taking the 11 plus this year and I'm trying not to get stressed!

I've been led to believe that my bright child is capable of passing the 11 plus, but his practice papers (only done a few through the holidays, at his request) are not that impressive. Although he did a great practice paper at school - he's only had the one though?

Our primary school haven't volunteered any information, I feel they could have done more to 'prepare' the parents by maybe doing a handout of frequently asked questions. If it weren't for a parent I know who had a son do it last year, I would have virtually no info at all.

I don't know what dates our school are sitting the papers, nor what type (Bond/NFER) they use. Would my local grammar school tell me if I enquire?

I know they do one VR and one NVR. Does this mean they have no Maths/English papers?

Do you receive the actual amount of marks gained when the results are sent?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as I think of them!
Doobie

Post by Doobie »

Hi there

Both my children went to primary schools in Lincs and they only had two practice papers prior to the test which they sat at school, my daughter was borderline in them and passed with flying colours - my son got very good marks and failed...I would say practice, practice, practice dont kick yourself later if your little one doesnt quite make it. I have learnt this through experience!!! You know your child (my two both expressed how much they wanted to go to GS) if you feel he/she is capable and would be happy go for it. My son sat 1 VR and 1 NVR - no separate maths/english, depending what school they would attend depends on how you get scores the GS we sat at sent out letter informing us of mark for both papers then totalled it at the end to get final score. Hope I have give you a little info.

Good luck. Doobie