pass mark?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

blissot

pass mark?

Post by blissot »

Does anyone have an idea of what pass mark you need to work to. I know that it fluctuates yearly based on age and the other test results but does anyone know roughly what you need to work to eg 75% or 90%. Any feedback would be useful. :?:
Nicwelshchick

Post by Nicwelshchick »

All I know is that Lincolnshire expect a total mark of 220 - but not sure how they work it out if there are 100 q's in each paper! Perhaps someone could advise on this.
blissot

Post by blissot »

Hi I am not sure how they work out the scores either to get 220. I spoke to someone last night whose daughter passed the 11+ last year and started QEHS this year and they said that they were told that the passmark last year for her daughter was 120 (combination of both exam papers) not sure how true this is anyone else have any theories or information?
Alex

Post by Alex »

The required score is 220 over both papers, with no obligation to "pass" either paper individually ie. you can afford to get a low score in one paper if you get a really high score in the other so long as the aggregate mark is 220.

These scores are standardised scores so do not reflect the number of questions in the papers. There is an explanation of standardised scoring via the link on the home page. Basically the scores are worked out in relation to the standard of the cohort taking the test and also are age standardised so that each child is essentially measured against children of the same birth month (because in general older children tend to score more highly). Thus the raw score needed to pass may vary from year to year and there is no easy way of working out waht raw score may be required to pass. An aggregate score of 220 equates to sitting on the 75th percentile of the cohort, thus 220 plus means that you are in the top 25% for that particular year. It has been rumoured in the past that 75% is a rough guide to possible success.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now