Gainsborough QEHS March 14 Offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stocky

Gainsborough QEHS March 14 Offers

Post by Stocky »

This has come via Lincolnshire admissions " the last person offered was on a driving distance of 61.976 miles and there are still two places available with no waiting list". So it appears there were 178 applicants for the 180 places this year and all have been offered a place.
Angie76

Re: Gainsborough QEHS March 14 Offers

Post by Angie76 »

My goodness 61 miles !!!!!! Gosh how did that happen ? At least all those that applied got in this year.

Angie76
messidad

Post by messidad »

That's amazing, I feel quite embarrassed that I feared for my DS at 10.6 miles :oops: I dreaded this being an exceptional year, turned out to be an exceptional year :? I wonder how the families who moved from our village to Gainsborough 'just to be sure' feel?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

happens in Skipton sometimes - the distance can be as little as 6 miles or they can offer everyone who has reached the cut off.. trick is predicting what sort of year it is :wink:
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

This has never happened there in donkeys. Its always oversubscribed. You really cant predict, the last 3 years have taught me that. There were 20 more siblings last year than the previous year but the distance was virtually the same, my DD's year was the lowest pass rate in years yet we were way further down the reserve list than we would have been in the last 5 years. My friend's DS got in by 500m last year, so her neighbour moved to Gainsborough a few months ago to be sure. I do wonder if the bigger places like Bawtry, Retford and Saxilby who have lost out in recent years, but have access to very good comprehensives like Hayfield and Tuxford, just aren't bothering. Would be interesting to know how many sat it/passed though and also what effect it will have going forward, because all those places 15/16 miles away who would previously have been reliant on an appeal, might have more people interested.
Ziggi

Post by Ziggi »

Gosh! Compare that to the 12.62 miles last year!

Definitely a freak year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now