11 + Results 10th October 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hazza790

Re: 11 + Results 10th October 2014

Post by hazza790 »

Post man has been and no results. Is anybody else in the same position? Sons friend sat the 11+ at a different school and has his results?
tillytonk

Post by tillytonk »

Have just got results after slating the postal system!, we only get the overall mark, a pass being 220. We are not told scores for vr or nvr. I think we may be able to get them from the school on Monday.
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

Hi, so sorry to learn of your news Blueberry, can they remark to be sure?? What are you going to do :(

Just received letter from Horncastle and my daughter is at her friends for a cinema/meal out party and asked me not to read it.

Managed to open it and glue back together...

She passed, no idea on scores as Horncastle don't give them, will have to wait for Monday as apparently the schools receive them? Odd schools do but parents don't?

Xx
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

tillytonk wrote:We are also waiting but it doesn't seem as though we will get them today. Will have to wait until Monday. Some of my sons friends do have their results. It should be done online.x
I agree it's cruel going to school Monday with some knowing and not others, can't see why they don't do it via email or a log on??
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

tillytonk wrote:Have just got results after slating the postal system!, we only get the overall mark, a pass being 220. We are not told scores for vr or nvr. I think we may be able to get them from the school on Monday.
Congrats Tilly. X
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Hi all, am new to the forum but dd sat at caistor and kevigs. We had a letter on Thursday to say she passed at caistor but didn't state 'very impressive ' for her score so we assume this means unsuccessful. Had a letters from kevigs today, one addressed to dd in gold envelope and was a congratulations certificate on passing and letter to us stating she has passed and eligible for a place. However we are not catchment although the letter does state they try to accommodate all children who passed the test irrespective of catchment so am hoping this means she's in? Thanks
d4funky1

Post by d4funky1 »

Hi,

We got our daughters results today - 267 - over the moon
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

d4funky1 wrote:Hi,

We got our daughters results today - 267 - over the moon

:D congrats funky! X
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

Hi Clarke, yeah not the ideal result but i am happy with second choice in fact in a weird kind of way it has made it a lot easier for me with no decision to make, because i was very undecided on wether grammar was best or DD2 as i think i mentioned before, she is quite weak at the VR stuff.
Frustrating thing is i was completely prepared for her not to pass but we were all looking forward to her NVR score as she always blitzes it, practise test she only got 3 wrong and did it in half the time allowed, even one of the invigilators who was there in the marking came over and said to me how brilliant she was at the test, but looking at the 'on the day' scores she did better on the VR, i just dont get it :shock: :shock: . She even said how poorly she had done on the VR but said she thought the NVR had gone fantastic. She is quite happy with the local secondary and so am i but i think i will ask for a remark on the NVR for peace of mind, and i owe it to her. I think it helps a lot that this is second time around, if this had happened with DD1 i think i would have been on the floor, but i like to think i am older and wiser now and i know there is life outside of Grammer school education.
Good luck to you, i hope you are put out of your misery soon, i am sure your Dd will have done fab!
And Congrats to everyone out there who passed and to everyone who had the guts to try!
flagmanter

Post by flagmanter »

Just got the results and DD has passed. We're delighted.

However, we know from experience that all this result enables you to do is put QEHS first on the list. Two years ago, DS passed the 11+ but we fell foul of the diminishing boundary and missed out by a few hundred yards!

Anyway, well done to those that passed and commiserations to those that missed out. Whatever the result all the children need to congratulated for all the work they have put in to these exams.