11 + Results 10th October 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Clarek851

Re: 11 + Results 10th October 2014

Post by Clarek851 »

I feel sick :oops: can't believe how stressed I am which is ridiculous as we can't change it.

Just so worried about the other options if she fails.

Is that a good or bad thing wonderwoman??

Thank you Lancashire Lass and good luck Blueberry pie. Xx
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

Good luck to you and yours too!
Just been speaking to some other mums at school and everyone is just as nervous as you (me included), always seems to affect the parents more than the kids. With regard to the other options, took me a while to accept it but now i know my daughter will be fine at her second choice, its not a great school but she has a family that will encourage her and want her to do well and so she will, unless she is very strong willed and goes against us which of course, if thats the case, she will do that whichever school she goes to. You sound like a contientous mother and, although we sometimes dont know it, we can have more influence over our kids than any school... if we want to put the work in, cos its no easy task sometimes. So your daughter, i'm sure, will be fine wherever she goes, because shes got you! :D
messidad

Post by messidad »

I still vividly remember the Saturday morning last year, pacing through the house, DW telling me to calm down. No sign of postman at his usual time of 10.30. Just before midday DS spotted him in the neighbouring street and ran off in the rain to intercept him. He re-appeared about 10 mins later (postie wanted to chat about his prospects) with a rather damp envelope. I can honestly say I have never been so anxious in my life, like C851 I felt sick, stupid I know.

Once it's over you can all relax - until allocations day that is :wink: .

I've been there and don't have to do it all again and I still feel a level of anxiety reading your posts, I feel for you all . Good luck and stay positive whatever the outcome.
HelenMeg

Post by HelenMeg »

Good Luck to everyone waiting.. it has been nerve-wracking for the last few weeks - always at the back of the mind.
My post came at 09:00 am this morning although it normally arrives at 2pm - I'm happy to say that my DS passed.
Best of luck to all those still waiting - fingers crossed for everyone.