Advice On The Kings School Peterborough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mac79

Advice On The Kings School Peterborough

Post by Mac79 »

Hi am hoping someone on here will be able to offer me some advice,
My Son has recently passed the Lincolnshire 11+ (he sat in hope of applying to Bourne Grammar)
Beforehand he familiarized himself with the question types & then worked his way through the GL assessment packs for VR & NVR.
When we suggested The Kings School entrance exam, he said "Mummy there are hundreds of children sitting for 12 places and part of the exam is maths" his maths is decent, but is probably his weakest subject. He was adamant it was a pointless activity as he felt he stood no chance (he lacks a lot of belief in himself!)
We encouraged him to sit the exam to get some examination practice, and despite doing no preparation for it he surprised us all by ranking at number 15.
At the Kings open evening the Head implied that children that just fell shy of the top 12 stood a decent chance of still gaining entry, due to successful candidates not applying, or gaining entry under a different criteria etc.
I just wondered if anyone had any knowledge of pupils just outside of the benchmark that managed to get a place in the last few years?
Thanks in advance for any advice given.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now