Navenby, Harmston, Welbourn

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsGriffin

Navenby, Harmston, Welbourn

Post by MrsGriffin »

Hi there, we are a family looking to move to Lincolnshire next year and struggling to decide ons settling in a village that will give opportunities for great secondary education such as the Grammar schools and and Lincoln priory LSST.

Our son will be sitting the 11+ in a couple of years and we would like him to attend Carres or Kings. Please can you help me and advice if many children travel from these villages to the grammar schools and if so what arrangements for transport are made with it being outside the DTA.

many thanks in advance
Alex

Re: Navenby, Harmston, Welbourn

Post by Alex »

There is a bus on schooldays from Navenby to Sleaford and it is also on the Number 1 bus route to between Lincoln and Grantham - this also runs through Harmston and Welbourn. I think from Harmston to get to Sleaford you would probably need to either catch the number 1 and change at Leadenham for Sleaford or else go into Lincoln and catch the train. Welbourn, again you would probably need to change.

You would get free transport to Priory LSST from Harmston but not from the other villages.

Traveline (East Midlands) is a good site for looking up public transport routes.

I don't know of many travelling from Harmston down to Sleaford or Grantham - Priory LSST is probably the most popular from there. A fair few children get the train from Lincoln to Sleaford.

Some of the rural bus routes in Lincolnshire are subsidised and under threat and Grammar school transport is under review.