Lincolnshire appeals - CAF?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Woundupmother

Lincolnshire appeals - CAF?

Post by Woundupmother »

Hello, I just wondered if anyone knew if the CAF would be available to the appeals panel in Lincolnshire.

Thankyou
Alex

Re: Lincolnshire appeals - CAF?

Post by Alex »

No, not usually but information on it might be made available to the panel if it is a community school or the LA are acting for the school.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Just checked my appeal pack I got from Lincs. The CAF isnt in it but a copy of the offer letter is.
Woundupmother

Post by Woundupmother »

Thankyou both.

Alex, what does it mean 'the LA are acting for the school' exactly (I'm feeling a bit thick today!)

Stocky, I verbally told the LA that I wanted to appeal and they sent just a yellow form to fill in and a covering letter which directed me to read info on their website first. There was no copy of the offer letter.
It also said the form was sent in duplicate (it wasn't but I can photocopy) and to fill in both and only send one. Is this what you mean by an appeals pack?

The school I would like to appeal for was not first on the CAF but I don't want to appeal for the number one choice as it happens. I don't particularly want the panel to know that I didn't originally put that school down as first choice - I'm wondering if it may prejudice one of my points.

I also don't think I wrote anything in the other information sections which obviously I now wish I had.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Sorry WUM I think I have confused you! I meant when you submit your appeal, before the hearing you will get a pack from Lincs CC with all the LA stuff in and that will have a copy of your offer letter in, so the panel do see it. Re the yellow form, yes that just came on its own and I just sent mine back with a note saying a full submission will follow. I then got an acknowledgement about a week later and I sent my full submission with evidence by the end of the March. I think what Alex means, is that QE don't deal with the appeals direct Lincs CC (the LA) deal with them on its behalf and represent the school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now