'How To' NVR for QEHS Gainsborough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KittyDeWinter

'How To' NVR for QEHS Gainsborough

Post by KittyDeWinter »

Hello,

My DD will be sitting the 11+ sept 17 for QEHS Gainsborough. I understand they use GL assessment multiple choice for both VR & NVR. I was just wondering if anyone could advise me which is the best 'how to' guide for NVR with all this in mind? I've been using the IPS for VR and that has been going pretty well, but I'd like to keep it as close to the actual test questions as possible.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I thought as it is specifically Lincolnshire info I need this would be best, but please move if I'm wrong!

Thank you x
Stocky

Re: 'How To' NVR for QEHS Gainsborough

Post by Stocky »

Until the Sept 2015 test, QEHS NVR test was made up of question types from the main 6: 1) codes; 2) most like; 3) most unlike; 4) Complete the grid; 5) Sequences; 6) Pairs. GL's guide to NVR is fantastic at dealing with these 6. Since the Sept 2015 test, they have started throwing in 'new types', which don't seem to be on many practice papers if at all. Schofield & Sims have some short tests which look at different types including reflections/rotations; hidden shape; combine 2 shapes. The Sept 2015 test contained a strange paper folding one, which doesn't seem to be on any papers/in any books.
KittyDeWinter

Post by KittyDeWinter »

Thank you so much Stocky, so if I get both GL & some of the Schofield & Sims, I should be able to pretty much cover it!

Thank you very much!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

then do lots of practice papers from a broad mix of suppliers sx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now