Any experiences of living out of catchment?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pluto11

Re: Any experiences of living out of catchment?

Post by Pluto11 »

That really helps, thanks very much for that.
We're going to go to the open days so we can have a proper look around, as we honestly know nothing about any of the grammar schools!
£100 per month for a bus sounds like a lot initially, but I actually work in a school myself so know how much buses cost and it's not at all cheap!
Thanks so much for your help.
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

We live in Grimsby and hoping to send my son to King Edwards in Louth. He's doing just fine with his 11 plus and take exams in this September . I hope not too many apply there! Think roughly about 10 places available to out of catchment areas. ..... any experiences to share ?
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

It will just depend on how many pass in catchment!
Pluto11 My son travelled to Caistor from Lincoln for many years and students travel from Brigg, Grimsby and even Scunthorpe. Market Rasen is relatively close travel wise, although the distance is less relevant from the point of view of securing a place as once the in catchment places have been allocated it goes on score with CGS. Good luck.
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

For entry in September 2017 for Kevigs, Louth 150 places were offered. The number of children who passed the test was 180. From feeder primary schools the number was 113, from other primary schools 67, so a total of 180 passed.

I'm not sure if, where it states other primary schools, this would include out of catchment schools or not. If it does, then I suppose it depends on how many people put Kevigs, Louth as their first choice, being as it seems there is a short fall of 30 places.

Please remember that a lot of children who sit the test, are keeping their options open, as quite a few could want to get into Caistor grammar or Queen Elizabeth at Alford, or even go to private schools instead. So that difference of 30 places, could change a lot depending on peoples preferences of schools. A friend of my daughters went to grammar school at the start of last Sept, and she took the tests for Caistor and also sat the 11 plus tests at Louth, she passed both, but picked Caistor Grammar as her first choice, and my daughter will be going to grammar this Sept, but she didn't want to go to Caistor, so she only sat the normal 11plus Lincs exams.

Hope this helps .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now