Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rhinoguy

Re: Good luck

Post by Rhinoguy »

Well done to all, All I say they find the papers quite easy as they are very well prepared ! As my private tutor arranged mock tests under examination conditions , that defo helps. I'm also live out of catchment , high score is a must ! Now DS will do non Verbal homework tomorrow before his last lesson on Monday ! With Kevigs increasing numbers to 150, so hopefully can take in a lot from out of catchment pupils...... :?:
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Lancashire lass wrote: Today we have nothing but chilled all day .... tommorow is another day and the start of more practice for NVR.
Oh yes, we had the laziest day ever yesterday! Back to NVR this morning; with only a week to go, we may as well make the most of it. Planning lots of treats for next weekend too :D
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:Well done to all, All I say they find the papers quite easy as they are very well prepared ! As my private tutor arranged mock tests under examination conditions , that defo helps. I'm also live out of catchment , high score is a must ! Now DS will do non Verbal homework tomorrow before his last lesson on Monday ! With Kevigs increasing numbers to 150, so hopefully can take in a lot from out of catchment pupils...... :?:
I'm hoping so. I know we haven't done much compared to others and we couldn't afford a tutor etc, but DD has still worked very hard and it would be such a shame if it doesn't pay off.

She's being very philosophical about it though, and saying that if she doesn't get in, at least she'll know she did her best and had fun along the way. (She loves puzzle solving, so these kind of tests are right up her street.)
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Rhinoguy wrote:Well done to all, All I say they find the papers quite easy as they are very well prepared ! As my private tutor arranged mock tests under examination conditions , that defo helps. I'm also live out of catchment , high score is a must ! Now DS will do non Verbal homework tomorrow before his last lesson on Monday ! With Kevigs increasing numbers to 150, so hopefully can take in a lot from out of catchment pupils...... :?:
I'm hoping so. I know we haven't done much compared to others and we couldn't afford a tutor etc, but DD has still worked very hard and it would be such a shame if it doesn't pay off.

She's being very philosophical about it though, and saying that if she doesn't get in, at least she'll know she did her best and had fun along the way. (She loves puzzle solving, so these kind of tests are right up her street.)
True, as we both have very busy working life , so having ample time to teach DS ourselves, and DS lacking motivation so private tutor is best option, worth the investment as secondary school in our catchment area is rubbish. Anyway DS has done GL NVR Paper 8 homework this afternoon for tomorrow's markings with tutor. I have rubbed out answers from Paper 1 to 7, and attempt Paper 1 tonight after tea. Worth the cramming as only 5 more days as need be fresh on his mind. Worth give our best shot and don't regret afterwards. I will treat him ten pin bowling, Pizza Hut and cinema on Saturday afternoon as he deserved it as he worked hard over summer holidays. Can't wait until 12:30 finish time on this Saturday at KEVIGS and move on!!!!!!
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Got my DS to get start with non Verbal as we didn't practice for past 2 weeks as we concentrated onto verbal and can't believe how quickly non Verbal got back of his head, spend 3 hours with good breaks in between to get things on track. Anyway will go through old papers (with answers rubbed out) for the whole week right until Friday evening. Worth to take every chance so that won't regret later!
Lancashire lass

Post by Lancashire lass »

Rhinoguy wrote:
Ellarootoo wrote:

True, as we both have very busy working life , so having ample time to teach DS ourselves, and DS lacking motivation so private tutor is best option, worth the investment as secondary school in our catchment area is rubbish. Anyway DS has done GL NVR Paper 8 homework this afternoon for tomorrow's markings with tutor. I have rubbed out answers from Paper 1 to 7, and attempt Paper 1 tonight after tea. Worth the cramming as only 5 more days as need be fresh on his mind. Worth give our best shot and don't regret afterwards. I will treat him ten pin bowling, Pizza Hut and cinema on Saturday afternoon as he deserved it as he worked hard over summer holidays. Can't wait until 12:30 finish time on this Saturday at KEVIGS and move on!!!!!!

We are also trying to cram in as much NVR as possible but difficult with school and after school activities .... which DS still wants to do.
Think not until do our DD and DS need treats next weekend but us parents do as well.
Unfortunately that's not the end of exams for DS as he is sitting Kings in peterborough paper( maths, English and VR) just in case !!!!( back up plan)
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

My DS has now finished with his private tutor, she advised me is that it's policy of KEVIGS not to reveal the score unless if it's a fail. Only advise a pass. Will only know the offer of placement is until 1st March 2018, real waiting game there. Can try contact the school for an idea on how likely of getting a placement. Pffffttt 11plus is very tough game !
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:My DS has now finished with his private tutor, she advised me is that it's policy of KEVIGS not to reveal the score unless if it's a fail. Only advise a pass. Will only know the offer of placement is until 1st March 2018, real waiting game there. Can try contact the school for an idea on how likely of getting a placement. Pffffttt 11plus is very tough game !
I've heard that too. A local parent who applied a few years ago said she was told the standardised score over the phone, but it seems they generally won't reveal the scores. Having said that, I have no idea what score would make a place likely or unlikely anyway, especially with them having more places available for out of catchment children, so even with the score it would be a waiting game until March.
littlebopeep

Post by littlebopeep »

We are trying to cram in as much NVR as possible too, much to DDs disgust. She found Verbal paper OK, but that is her stronger area. I do think the GL NVR assessment packs are difficult. Just hope she keeps calm and doesn't make silly mistakes rushing with the answer.
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

Just a bit of information for parents, who are interested in Kevigs, Louth.

The school do not give out the scores, if you child has passed the test. However, the letter you receive informing you that your child has passed, does give some indication of how your child has performed.

When my child passed last year, it stated - strongly recommend is suitable for grammar school. I have also known friends that letter has stated suitable for grammar school as well.

So I am presuming that if it says strongly recommend , that they have performed really well. And also suitable, that they have done well to. I am not sure what they would put if the pass was borderline/only just though.

But as least it gives you some idea of how your child did.

Hope this might help a bit.