Good Luck to everyone sitting Lincs NVR tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ellarootoo

Re: Good Luck to everyone sitting Lincs NVR tomorrow

Post by Ellarootoo »

Minniemooface wrote:I was led to believe that there were 3 sittings for each exam. When dc did them, there was a sitting from 9am , then the middle sitting around 10-10.30, then another one at around midday. Dc was in the middle setting, and about 10 minutes before they had finished, the hall filled up again with parents for the last session. I think the year that dc took the test, the number taking the test was over 350.

I would think it would be quite hard to guess how many children actually sat the tests, because of the three different sessions.

I would think that one session would be for children around Louth/ and beyond i.e.Market Rasen areas, one possible for children in areas from Louth to Grimsby, and maybe one session for children out of catchment. Just a guess, I might be right off track with this though.
Yes, it was three sessions this year too. I assumed the groups were in alphabetical order - our surname would put DD in the first group, as she was. It could easily be geographical though. DD had said there were a similar number of children in the test, and I didn't take much notice of the parents in the hall - we were in and out ourselves, since it wasn't pouring with rain this week and we could take the chance to have a wander around Louth once DD had gone in. Ah well, I probably need to stop trying to figure out DD's chances until we find out whether she's actually even passed!
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

I know exactly how you feel, having gone through it last year. The 3 week wait seems like forever. I wish you good luck and fingers crossed you all get the results you want. It's especially hard as you know your child has done the best they could, and you can't ask for more than that. After that it's all just a waiting game, and it drags on for 5 to 6 months.

And even when they do get to secondary you are a bag of nerves for the first few weeks, worrying if they are OK, are they coping, will they make friends? It's a lot to take in and a lot for the children to get used to adjusting from primary to big school. The worrying never stops........
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Minniemooface wrote:I know exactly how you feel, having gone through it last year. The 3 week wait seems like forever. I wish you good luck and fingers crossed you all get the results you want. It's especially hard as you know your child has done the best they could, and you can't ask for more than that. After that it's all just a waiting game, and it drags on for 5 to 6 months.

And even when they do get to secondary you are a bag of nerves for the first few weeks, worrying if they are OK, are they coping, will they make friends? It's a lot to take in and a lot for the children to get used to adjusting from primary to big school. The worrying never stops........
Thank you, not easy for me as the wait is unbearable after we have worked very hard to prepare my DS for his exam.... won’t be long as 14th Oct is only two weeks away !!!!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now