Oct 14 2017 Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rhinoguy

Re: Oct 14 2017 Results

Post by Rhinoguy »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Rhinoguy wrote:
Ellarootoo wrote:Congratulations everyone and a huge well done to your children!

The letter just dropped through the door, and what a relief to see the gold envelope inside! I didn't know they did that, but it's a lovely thing to do for the children.

Now for another 5 months of waiting to hear if it was a high enough pass for a place out of catchment. Who's in the same boat as us?
I’m same boat as yours , just placed KEVIGS as our first choice and see what happens on midnight 1st March ! I have been told that school accept almost everyone who passed as non verbal is very hard to pass....

Fingers crossed! I'm about to put our application in, then it's back to waiting. Definitely need a little celebration when dd comes home from dance later on.

Can I ask whether everyone's letters stated 'strongly recommend' or 'recommend' that you apply for a place? Ignore me if I'm being too nosy!
Mine is ‘recommended’ and ‘greater chance’ ....oh dear? . I guess they use ‘strongly recommended’ for in catchment pupils? Yours?
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

Rhinoguy wrote:
littlebopeep wrote:Brilliant! What a journey it's been. Enjoy celebrating.
Thank you ! As we live out of catchment , hopefully he has scored enough to get a placement..... Kevigs has increased 30 placement to 150 to try to accommodate for those who passed the tests....
That’s our hope too!
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

Thought the gold envelope from King Edwards was such a lovely touch. Is this a new thing, or do they always do it?
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

I think they have sent the golden envelopes out for a few years now. I know that at least the last 3 years, if you have passed you received one. Daughter got one last year, the kids say it's like getting a golden ticket from Willy Wonka / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I didn't post anything about the envelope when I gave details of the results info letter, because it's such a nice surprise for the children. Although I had been told by other parents about it. As soon as I saw the golden envelope pushed threw the letterbox I knew she had passed.
Mummyof4

Post by Mummyof4 »

Well done to those who's children passed. Anyone still not had the letter yet? Do those who haven't passed receive them later?
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Mummyof4 wrote:Well done to those who's children passed. Anyone still not had the letter yet? Do those who haven't passed receive them later?
Oh dear, which school is that ?
Mummyof4

Post by Mummyof4 »

Queen Elizabeth in Gainsborough, Lincs. I wondered if maybe the delay is a sign?
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Mummyof4 wrote:Queen Elizabeth in Gainsborough, Lincs. I wondered if maybe the delay is a sign?
I wouldn't think so. The consortium website says all results are posted on Friday 13th. I'd call the school if it doesn't turn up tomorrow, because it's more likely that it's either lost or delayed in the post, or they've somehow missed yours out. I can't imagine that they would send out the 'didn't pass' letters later; that would be cruel.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:
Mine is ‘recommended’ and ‘greater chance’ ....oh dear? . I guess they use ‘strongly recommended’ for in catchment pupils? Yours?
Sorry I didn't reply. Ours was the same.
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

Just got an email from Louth saying over 200 passed. My son isn’t in catchment or at a feeder school, and he’s in a category where there’s 35 places for 67 kids. It’ll be ranked on score. Hope he got a high enough score!