Oct 14 2017 Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rhinoguy

Re: Oct 14 2017 Results

Post by Rhinoguy »

Pluto11 wrote:Just got an email from Louth saying over 200 passed. My son isn’t in catchment or at a feeder school, and he’s in a category where there’s 35 places for 67 kids. It’ll be ranked on score. Hope he got a high enough score!
Thanks for sharing this information, DS is out of placement - so only 67 pupils for 35 places available ! :shock: Hopefully DS has scores high enough ! Same with you! Anyway will have to wait till 1st March !
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

Just hate the not knowing. The worst is, that we live closer than a lot of the feeder schools, it’s just that we chose for my son to come to the school I work at, which isn’t a feeder school. Kinda wish we’d kept him in a local school now (all of which are feeders).
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:Just hate the not knowing. The worst is, that we live closer than a lot of the feeder schools, it’s just that we chose for my son to come to the school I work at, which isn’t a feeder school. Kinda wish we’d kept him in a local school now (all of which are feeders).
Were you able to find out your son's score through the school you work in? I was meaning to ask about it at work today but didn't get chance, and I don't know if the head will be allowed to tell me anyway.

With the 67 children for 35 places, can you explain a bit more? Is it that 115 children passed in catchment, leaving 35 places for 67 children out of catchment? If that's it, is it likely that any of the 115 might opt to go elsewhere? Or that the 67 out of catchment children might have also applied to Caistor, and a few might go there?*

Totally clutching at straws here, and wishing I knew dd's score so at least I'd have a rough idea of her chances!

*Just realised that makes no sense if the total was over 200 passes, and I can't make the numbers add up at all. Would you be able to copy and paste any general info from the email to me in a private message, please?
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

I asked if I could be told his score and they said they’re not allowed to say :-(

Looks like everyone who passed and has a sibling, is in catchment, or goes to a feeder school will get in. Those remaining 67 have none of those things, so 35 places remain. However, you’re right, any of those may well choose to go elsewhere, since they have no idea who will put them as first place, they only know how many passed the test. I’m just hoping enough don’t put it as first place, or my son gets a high score.

A waiting game now I guess.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:I asked if I could be told his score and they said they’re not allowed to say :-(

Looks like everyone who passed and has a sibling, is in catchment, or goes to a feeder school will get in. Those remaining 67 have none of those things, so 35 places remain. However, you’re right, any of those may well choose to go elsewhere, since they have no idea who will put them as first place, they only know how many passed the test. I’m just hoping enough don’t put it as first place, or my son gets a high score.

I'm going to ask about scores tomorrow anyway, but I'm sure I'll be told the same thing.

Just edited my last post as I can't work out how those numbers add up to over 200 passes. If there are 35 places left of the 150 PAN at the moment, that would mean 115 automatically got places, but 115+67 doesn't equal over 200. Do you think they've accidentally told you the number of out of catchment passes from previous years? I'm sure it says 67 out of catchment passed in 2015 or 2016 on the admissions policy, so a bit of a coincidence if it's the exact same this year!
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Pluto11 wrote:I asked if I could be told his score and they said they’re not allowed to say :-(

I'm going to ask about scores tomorrow anyway, but I'm sure I'll be told the same thing.

Just edited my last post as I can't work out how those numbers add up to over 200 passes. If there are 35 places left of the 150 PAN at the moment, that would mean 115 automatically got places, but 115+67 doesn't equal over 200. Do you think they've accidentally told you the number of out of catchment passes from previous years? I'm sure it says 67 out of catchment passed in 2015 or 2016 on the admissions policy, so a bit of a coincidence if it's the exact same this year!

I got emailed with data from Kevigs and it is right that 67 passes fighting for 35 places, remember a lot of kids did both Kevigs and caistor , I know couple of parents prefers Caistor and place them as their first choice , so hopefully Kevigs can take all in. There’s light in the tunnel. I have placed Kevigs as first choice online form. Now waiting game over next 4 months.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:
Ellarootoo wrote:

I got emailed with data from Kevigs and it is right that 67 passes fighting for 35 places, remember a lot of kids did both Kevigs and caistor , I know couple of parents prefers Caistor and place them as their first choice , so hopefully Kevigs can take all in. There’s light in the tunnel. I have placed Kevigs as first choice online form. Now waiting game over next 4 months.
How do you get this email? I know they have my email address, but they haven't emailed me with any data. Did you have to request it?
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

They just sent it to my husband’s email account. Guessing they must have had it when we applied for the test.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:They just sent it to my husband’s email account. Guessing they must have had it when we applied for the test.
They've emailed me about a few other things in the past, e.g. the open evening in June, etc, but I haven't had anything by email this week. Hope it's not because dd is out of the running :(
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:Just got an email from Louth saying over 200 passed. My son isn’t in catchment or at a feeder school, and he’s in a category where there’s 35 places for 67 kids. It’ll be ranked on score. Hope he got a high enough score!
Just got a copy of the email, but it must be have been edited, because mine doesn't say anything about over 200 passes, and the numbers only add up to 182 passes, which seems pretty typical of other years. Back to waiting, then!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now